What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH Eclusive Players Poll

EXCLUSIVE PLAYER POLL:
Do you play to join the Super League some time in your career?
Yes: 72%
No: 18%
Don't know: 10%
Who is the biggest whinger?
Brett Finch: 22%
Simon Woolford: 14
Paul Gallen: 6
Willie Mason: 4
Braith Anasta: 4
Michael Monaghan: 4
Jason Smith: 3
Mark Riddell: 3
Danny Buderus: 2
Bryce Gibbs: 2
Travis Burns: 1
Justin Hodges: 1
Luke Priddis: 1
Michael Ennis: 1
Brett Kimmorley: 1
Nathan Cayless: 1
Matt Orford: 1
Who is the most annoying niggler?
Simon Woolford: 14 :lol:
Mark Riddell: 8
Justin Hodges: 7
Paul Gallen: 7
Travis Burns: 6
Corey Hughes: 5
Willie Mason: 4
Bryce Gibbs: 4
Michael Monaghan: 2
Aaron Payne: 2
Johnathan Thurston: 2
Greg Bird: 2
Anthony Watmough: 2
Tim Smith: 2
Luke Priddis: 2
Have you ever been approached by rugby union?
Yes: 17%
No: 83%
Would money be the deciding factor in switching codes?
Yes: 52%
No: 48%
Which team has the softest pack?
Roosters: 16 :lol: :lol:
Dragons: 12
Titans: 11
Tigers: 10
Eels: 7
Panthers: 4
Knights: 4
Raiders: 4
Bulldogs: 3
Cowboys: 1
No comment: 28
Is the standard of the NRL better or worse than when the Tigers won the grand final in 2005?
Better: 72
Worse: 18
Equal: 10

Do you have confidence in the RLPA?
Yes: 68
No: 27
Uncertain: 5
Have you ever dived to get a penalty?
Yes: 10
No: 90
Is it OK to stay down to get a penalty?
Yes: 19
No: 81
Who is the best player in the NRL?
Johnathan Thurston: 46
Darren Lockyer: 29
Sonny Bill Williams: 8
Cameron Smith: 6
Matt Bowen: 3
Scott Prince: 2
Greg Inglis: 1
Anthony Laffranchi: 1
Karmichael Hunt: 1
Steve Price: 1
Mark Gasnier: 1
Brett Kimmorley: 1 :lol:

Who is the toughest player in the NRL?
Petero Civoniceva: 27
Dallas Johnson: 13
Danny Buderus: 12
Nathan Hindmarsh: 5
Tonie Carroll: 5
Carl Webb: 4
Alan Tongue: 4
Paul Gallen: 4
Ruben Wiki: 3
Mark O'Meley: 3
Roy Asotasi: 3
Darren Lockyer: 2
Craig Fitzgibbon: 1
Ben Creagh: 1
Luke Stuart: 1
Luke Bailey: 1
Nathan Friend: 1
Andrew Ryan: 1
Brett Kimmorley: 1
Dane Carlaw: 1
Brett Hodgson: 1
Luke O'Donnell: 1
Jason King: 1
Steve Price: 1
Anthony Watmough: 1
Willie Mason: 1
N/A: 1

What is the biggest issue in the game?
Salary cap: 42
Mid-season transfers: 19
Referees: 9
Super League: 9
Alcohol: 3
Money: 3
Off-field behaviour: 2
Scheduling: 2
Diving: 2
Video ref: 2
Drugs: 1
Grapple tackle: 1
On-field entertainment: 1
Play of the ball: 1
Media: 1
Shepherd: 1
Player loyalty: 1

Do you support the NRL's twostrikes policy for drug use?
Yes: 90%
No: 10%
Was Richie Williams's sledging of Braith Anasta bad for the game?
Yes: 36%
No: 64%
Who is the coach you'd never play for?
Brian Smith: 28
Ricky Stuart: 21
Graham Murray: 10
Matt Elliott: 7 :sarcasm: Should of got more votes
Nathan Brown: 2
Chris Anderson: 2
Wayne Bennett: 2
Ivan Cleary: 1
Tim Sheens: 1
Des Hasler: 1
Steve Folkes: 1
No comment: 24

The survey
One hundred players from all NRL clubs were randomly selected to answer 15 questions. At least five players from each club were polled. The
poll was compiled by Adrian Proszenko, Will Swanton, Greg Prichard, Brad Walter, Jacquelin Magnay, Glenn Jackson and Andrew Webster.

Source: The Sun-Herald

innsaneink

Referee
Who is the toughest player in the NRL?

Dane Carlaw: 1

What is the biggest issue in the game?

Shepherd: 1

Yes: 10. At least five players from each club were polled. WTF???
Sharkys players voting twice?? :?

Dutchy

Immortal
Yes: 10. At least five players from each club were polled. WTF???
Sharkys players voting twice??

:lol: cheaters!

Nathan B

Juniors
Well done to Sonny Bill for getting voted 3rd best player in the league by his colleagues. (Surely the best group to decide such a thing - players can spot a fraud a mile away.) Not too shabby considering he's a 21-year-old forward.

Ice777

Bench
Nathan B said:
Well done to Sonny Bill for getting voted 3rd best player in the league by his colleagues. (Surely the best group to decide such a thing - players can spot a fraud a mile away.) Not too shabby considering he's a 21-year-old forward.

Keep it in your pants, even Noddy got a vote for being the best player in the league :lol:

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Cheap take off of the RLW players poll. What about some of the games toughest players? Obviously a piss take from the players surveyed.

Heres Big Willies votes

I WAS one of the 100 NRL players surveyed for The Sun-Herald's player poll today. The survey was anonymous, but I've decided to go on the record with my responses.

1. Best player: Johnathan ThurstonOver the past couple of years he has stamped himself as one of the world's premier players. He tackles well, leads his team around the park, does it all. He's like Andrew Johns, in that he has all the strings to his bow.

2. Toughest player: Petero CivonicevaDallas Johnson deserves a mention but I'll go with Petero because there's nothing tougher than playing in the front row week in, week out. He'll run at you, run over you and then tackle you as hard as he can.

3. NRL standard: betterIt gets tougher every year. Players are stronger and fitter, and the training is more intense. We're all improving our game.

4. Game's biggest issue: the salary capThey need to do something. A player who has been loyal to a club and has been there for, say, five years should have a discount applied to his salary when it is put in the cap.

5. Rugby union: no thanksI've been approached a couple of times, but money was never the deciding factor.

6. Diving: no wayI've never dived to get a penalty and I don't believe you should. The only reason you stay down is if you're genuinely hurt.

7. Drugs: two strikes and you're outTwo strikes is fair, because sometimes people make mistakes. If a young kid stuffs up once, he should be counselled and fined.

8. Drugs at the Bulldogs: not likelyI've never known a Bulldogs player to take performance-enhancing drugs, but it would be naive to say no one has ever tried recreational drugs.

9. Richie Williams sledging Braith Anasta: that was goodThat put Richie in his place and taught kids a valuable lesson - don't go shooting off your mouth if you can't back it up. Richie played Braith into some good form.

10. Super League: don't think soI'll never say never, but it's unlikely I'll go to Super League. The NRL is the best comp in the world. I've been to England a couple of times but it's too cold and there's no beach.

11. RLPA: no confidenceThere's a hell of a long way for the RLPA to go. Compared with other player associations, ours is nowhere near as strong.

12. Softest pack: the TigersThere is no soft pack in the NRL, but if I had to choose one I'd say the Tigers. But they definitely play the smartest and are the best coached.

13. Biggest niggler: Corey HughesHe is the most annoying niggler - and I love playing with him. A lot of people don't like coming up against him, but he couldn't care less.

14. Biggest whinger: Jeremy SmithA tough competitor for Souths but every time I play against him he's whingeing at the ref. He's always talking and sometimes he looks as if he's about to cry.

15. Coach: hard oneI've enjoyed learning from every coach I've played under but I won't comment on someone I haven't dealt with.

Latest posts