What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH late mail 4/5/07

Gronk

Staff member
The Eels had a rest day yesterday to allow their sick players a chance to fight a bug that has swept through the club. Nine players will be given until the last moment to prove their fitness for the clash against the Roosters, who will also finalise their squad tomorrow.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Seriously if any player goes out there sick then we haven't learnt anything. IF they are sick then staight to bed and rest up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
Seriously if any player goes out there sick then we haven't learnt anything. IF they are sick then staight to bed and rest up.

well i think that's been the remedy all week.

mighty eel

Juniors
Michael Hagan should give all the players who had the virus last week the week off just to get them better against Manly nxt friday if thats the case my line-up would b

20.Lett
2.Hayne
18.Tautai
4.Inu
1.Burt
14.Green
6.Finch
8.Cayless
9.Marsh
10.Cannings
11.Hindmarsh
13.Wagon
17.Mateo

15.Cordoba
16.Taia
19.Paulo
21.Keating

Ino its a strange side but thats wat i would put if i were Michael Hagan if most of those players from last wk who had the virus dont play this wk against roosters...

Ben Smith(Virus)
Tim Smith(Virus)
Eric Grothe(Virus)
Ian Hindmarsh(Head)

ETC

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee it looks like it will be a tough one on the weekend, the Roosters have 5 players backing up from last night. So that should even up things a bit.

carson

Juniors
Forgive my ignorance but isn't there a limit on how many PL players can be played in 1st grade in a year without blowing the 2nd tier salary cap?

Isn't this what St George got pinged for a couple of years ago when they had all those injuries?

The Colonel

Immortal
The second tier salary cap is based more on their combined salaries as opposed to the amount of players.

St George weren't necessarily pinged - they had to forego Ryan Powell making his debut for the club.

Bigfella

Coach
Michael Hagan should give all the players who had the virus last week the week off just to get them better against Manly nxt friday if thats the case my line-up would b

20.Lett
2.Hayne
18.Tautai
4.Inu
1.Burt
14.Green
6.Finch
8.Cayless
9.Marsh
10.Cannings
11.Hindmarsh
13.Wagon
17.Mateo

Just quietly - if they aren't going to move Burt from fullback to accomodate Hayne or Reddy - do you really think they will move him for Michael Lett?

parra pete

Referee
Get him to tuck a hanky up his sleeve. :lol:
I remember seeing Olaf (Ollie) Prattl use a hankie during a game when he was with Balmain in the early seventies. :lol:
...One of the funniest things I have seen on a football field...

mighty eel

Juniors
i just dont want joel reddy 2 play i would think that Michael Lett will go 2 fullback cause he is an experiance fullback and luke burt 2 the wing thats wat i would do... And also Joel Reddy did have the virus so mayb he cant play after all..

The Colonel

Immortal
Lett isn't an experienced fullback - he has only started playing fullback since arriving at the club. His football has been mostly played at centre and wing....

I highly doubt that any changes will be made to the team that was named on Tuesday at this point in time...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
mighty eel said:
i just dont want joel reddy 2 play i would think that Michael Lett will go 2 fullback cause he is an experiance fullback and luke burt 2 the wing thats wat i would do...

And that is why I am glad you are not the coach. Michael Lett has been disappointing and soesn't warrant selection in the top side.