What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH late mail 4/5/07

oldmancraigy

Coach
The Colonel said:
The second tier salary cap is based more on their combined salaries as opposed to the amount of players.

Now I always thought that the salary cap was the top 25 paid players at the club

Then the second tier cap (of $400 000 or whatever) is the amount that of salary of other players who happen to play first grade during the year. I'm not sure if this can be offset by players in the top 25 who don't actually play 1st grade.

SO (if I'm understanding the Colonel correctly!) you can play 20 more players in first grade as long as their combined salaries are all equal to or less than the 'second tier cap'?

Parra Guru

Coach
I'm just assuming Eric won't play, because then I won't be disappointed in the likely case that he doesn't :lol:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Eric will be injured, Tahu will be injured, Cannings will be injured soon, and Fui will be suspended or injured. Thats all I know. Happens every year.

The Colonel

Immortal
oldmancraigy said:
Now I always thought that the salary cap was the top 25 paid players at the club

Then the second tier cap (of $400 000 or whatever) is the amount that of salary of other players who happen to play first grade during the year. I'm not sure if this can be offset by players in the top 25 who don't actually play 1st grade.

SO (if I'm understanding the Colonel correctly!) you can play 20 more players in first grade as long as their combined salaries are all equal to or less than the 'second tier cap'?

That is about right.....

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know Burty dropped that bomb on the weekend, but other than that, he's been solid as and been our second best player behind Hindmarsh. To even consider moving him from fullback at this point in time...:?

caylo

Bench
Yep, If Burt was forced out of fullback it will only be by hayne. Lett is a Winger/Centre and I'm still trying to figure out why he is playing fullback over reddy. Mabey to get him more ball because Our PL centres (Tamuita?? and Inu are more dangerous than Reddy.)