What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH Player Ratings

GREG BIRD 8.5 The original IED: an improvised explosive device. Offered a much-missed dose of aggression, leavened by a surprising amount of football smarts.

BRETT KIMMORLEY 5 After the quality in Game II, he was back to his ordinary ways. Isn't there another short bloke who can pass and kick?

PAUL GALLEN 7 Dropped in the same litter as Bird, they're angry men down in the Shire. Good idea to pick a couple for this sort of stoush.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/sinbin/archives/2007/07/origin_iii_player_rating.html

Sums it up well for me.

millersnose

Post Whore
WILLIE MASON 6.5 Mix of penetrating runs and that smart-arse kid from up the back of the bus who just can't help but muck something up.
was i watching the same game?

mason was fantastic

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
yes MAsons runs diagonally through the ruck opened up some big holes for the players in close to the action do do something creative.
Lucky Buderus was there to run from dummy half.

millersnose

Post Whore
it was a gameplan of pass the ball

it wasnt a gameplan of conservative footy

and mason created havoc for the maroons

coolumsharkie

Referee
I've watched it three times now. Bedarus was the best player on the park followed closely by Bird and then the two props for Qld.

Finally the NSW got it right in Gallen & Bird, who added some sting, next year Douglas will join them in the team, and after seeing that age El Masri being selected and doing well Thompson must be a chance, the pack will have some fire then

Danger

Juniors
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Finally the NSW got it right in Gallen & Bird, who added some sting, next year Douglas will join them in the team, and after seeing that age El Masri being selected and doing well Thompson must be a chance, the pack will have some fire then

Luke O'Donnell should be back next year. Gal, Bird & O'Donnell on the same team would be a f*ckin awesome to watch, 3 fuggen tough blokes made for origin.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I think Simpsons day might be numbered.

Next year NSW will have Bird, Gallen, O'Donnell, Bobcat, Hindmarsh and Hoffman to try and fit in a team.

I agree I thought Mason was very good, one of NSW's best, it makes sense to have him in the front row too, NSW have so many good backrowers but we lack a little up front I think.

I think the selectors may have to find a spot for Ben Creagh too.

I also thought Mason had a good game - better than 6.5.

Latest posts