What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith Gone

Big Mick

Referee
Definately not for $240k, I wouldn't have even offered $150 to be honest!...he's a toiler but he's not a match winner.

His signing with the Raiders is puzzling to say the least...considering they have Alan Tongue...unless they plan to move him to second row next year...i dunno.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
Nathan isn't worth anymore than 150K per season. Well done to Canberra, they obviously wanted him back. He should be able to secure a good future down there as he is only still quite young.

It makes you wonder how much influence the media has on these signings. Nathan has copped a bit of a pizzling from fans on these forums and hasn't received too many wraps from commentators until the Shark's game, when Nathan was clearly highlighted at the start of the game by the Fox Sports Commentators as the player to watch, and gave him a huge wrap. Two weeks later he is signed with another club. Makes you wonder?????????

Kilkenny

Coach
Definately not for $240k, I wouldn't have even offered $150 to be honest!...he's a toiler but he's not a match winner.

His signing with the Raiders is puzzling to say the least...considering they have Alan Tongue...unless they plan to move him to second row next year...i dunno.

True market value would be in the $150K zone.

murraymob

Coach
it was reported tonight on ten news Nathan Smith is trying to get out of hiscontract with the raiders .Penrith still has to the 13th to make a counter offer.It will be interesting to see what unfolds in the next few days.No secret smith is a elliott golden child and elliott wants him to stay

mxlegend99

Referee
FFS.

I hope they won't let him out of his contract. He is a solid player, but nothing more. Obviously no one wants to come to Penrith, and we're desperate.

I'd rather let a young bloke take his place, or Shane Rodney even.

The Tank

Bench
Uh, I like Smitty, but what's with breaking deals in the NRL? FFS, don't agree to a move if you're not ready to make that decision. And when you agree to terms or sign a contract - ****ING HONOUR IT!!!

skeepe

Immortal
Nathan Smith will be a Panther for the next 3 years... ironically at $50,000 per year more than they were prepared to offer him originally.

Smartman

Juniors
Seems Penrith have more money then they realised by signing Lewis and now smith to hefty upgraded deals.

I hope Canterbury can nab Jennings next year :cool:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Unfortunately i don't see us keeping both Leeds and Theoharous now, which is a shame. Could well lose both as they look out for clubs with abit more opportunity in their position.

Good luck to them if they do go, served the club so well throughout the younger grades with a few premierships between them.

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope they do leave.

They deserve better then the treatment they have gotten from our coach and management. Our club deserves to suffer for wasting its money on average players, and selecting them ahead of guys with talent.

mxlegend99

Referee
Still better than Canberra... Atleast you blokes were able to get Petero and Tighe isn't looking half bad! The Raiders are thinking of legal action in order to retain Smith... OMFG.
Hmmm that's sort of a good point.

But we had gotten rid of Nathan Smith and are trying to get him back. It's hard to say who is worse off here. :lol:

Bob

Juniors
Still better than Canberra... Atleast you blokes were able to get Petero and Tighe isn't looking half bad! The Raiders are thinking of legal action in order to retain Smith... OMFG.
How about we give you Brendan Worth as compensation:p

Caged Panther

First Grade
I'm not really a big fan of players saying they'll do one thing then turning around and ignoring it. It's just not right IMO.

On the other hand it does probably say something about the atmosphere within the club at the moment. A few months ago everyone wanted to leave, now everone is trying to get back in.

Go figure.

Big Mick

Referee
I appreciate he is trying to stay but would he have stayed if it was for the same $150k that Penrith offered previously?

Answer..no.