What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith Interview

Frederick

Staff member
Is it just me, or has Tighe packed on a few over the off season. I picked up todays paper not long ago, and in the sports section there's a picture of Tighe at training yesterday and he's looking a bit chunky. Unless it's just the angle the picture was taken at. :?

Burwood

Bench
Captain_Fred said:
Is it just me, or has Tighe packed on a few over the off season. I picked up todays paper not long ago, and in the sports section there's a picture of Tighe at training yesterday and he's looking a bit chunky. Unless it's just the angle the picture was taken at. :?

I saw the pic, and yeah, he bore some resemblance Dean Widders- skinny legs and a bit of a gut.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
If we don't re-sign Snowden I'll cry.

Kidley on $250,000 and wanting more??? f**k off.

I can't believe Quinn is on $165K. Before this season he was nothing but an average to below-average first-grader. A winger too. His new contract should've been somewhere in the vicinity of what he's on now.

I agree 100%.

Gidley on 250k is stupid and smith is even more stupid thinking he deserves more. Quinn is on to much given when he signed

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Kidley for 250,000 + is utterly ridiculous. Cut him loose and look to take Tahu back. Carney seems to be improving a lot lately, though - he is getting used to the NRL and to his teammates' style of play, so I'd say don't rule him out yet. I'm pretty confident he'll end up justifying his price tag.

Ben

Bench
Kidley should not be resigned for anything over $200,000
Quinn should be resigned and his current salary is where it should stay
Snowden is currently a "fringe" first-grader but is going to be an absolute superstar. Have to resign at all costs.

I remember hearing that Kidley resigned for around $150k at the knights even though he could of got more because of what he'd learn off Joey????

I am a Kidley fan but anything over $175k is absolutely laughable.

aqua_duck

Coach
I have been told Kurt is on something like 270k a year all up, he's definately on more than 150k. If the guy is on 250 or 270 and he wants a big pay increase that would put him in the 300k price range, he must be crazy if he thinks he's worth that much, I mean I would've thought the fact that Newcastle is his home town would take 20k or so off his price tag, in that case does he think any NRL club would offer him 320k a year? Maybe SOuth Sydney but even I don' think they would. Good to see Kurt is such a loyal clubman

Nuffy

Bench
I would have thought that 200k would be tops, if that.

We just can't keep paying overs for solid players.........haven't we learnt anything from Reynoldson?

You'd have to think that Smith has other plans for Kidley seeing we have Mullen, perhaps hes a centre in waiting.

knights9

Juniors
I think we shouldnt even sign Kidley we have better players than him in five-eighth, Centre and Lock i think he should be shown the door.

Latest posts