What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith to be 5/8 - You are kidding

Ubsy

Juniors
Its good to see the Raiders are going backwards with their selections already. Smith is going to 5/8. Looks like this position could change a few times throughout the year. Could be a long one for the raiders this year (along with my tigers....)

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Why do people set themselves up for such a fall by writing posts like this?

Ubsy, surely you know this is going to be quoted back to you every time this season Smith does something right.

Brimmer

Juniors
Saw him play on the weekend. Smithy had a few brain explosions but he looks like he might be the goods. I haven't seen that much ball go wide for a long, long, time.

Give him some time I think he will go alright. Obviously there will be a bit of a transition for him. His defence was solid. Probably lacks a bit of pace but was always there in the backing up stakes.

Evergreen

Juniors
Anything is better than the pitiful halves combinations we had last year. IMO an in-form Jason Smith is critical, and will add a whole new dimension to this team provided he can stay fit. If not, a combination of Withers/Carney/Campese/Zillman will blossom.

jed

First Grade
Ubsy said:
"Bring back the Quote", that could catch on.

In TFC they have a thread called the Coop award, where the best calls are collated. Perhaps we should have a "rival fan quote" thread, where we can collate the moronic predictions that are put up by rival fans.

What do you think guys?

aussies1st

Staff member
This was always going to happen once mcliden (sp) left. Poor fench though lol both hands ouch.

woodgers

Bench
Its good to see the Raiders are going backwards with their selections already. Smith is going to 5/8. Looks like this position could change a few times throughout the year. Could be a long one for the raiders this year (along with my tigers....)
I agree, his shoulder is almost as bad as Benji's (not that I dislike Benji Marshall at all, he just has matchstick shoulders). Mate before looking into your crystal ball and making any more predictions remember that you guys have spend the last how many years with Daniel Fitzhenry at 5/8? If you want to compare Jason Smith and Fitzhenry's qualities I will clear 5 minutes from my schedule to beat you to a pulp.

Earl

Coach
:lol: You must have you dick on your hand 24/7 Raiduh.

I'd take an in-experienced Benji over that bag of bones.

Ethal said:
:lol: You must have you dick on your hand 24/7 Raiduh.

I'd take an in-experienced Benji over that bag of bones.

I don't know about that, Benji is getting a bit like a tampon, in 1 week, out for 3.

Ubsy

Juniors
We have learnt our lesson over the last couple of years and now we are developing our juniors, instead of buying "has-beens" that end of spending more time at a different kind of 5/8 (5 rows back, 8 seats along..).
I must admit that I am a little worried about benjis shoulders, but I would rather have a young talent in the team that is going to be around for several years to come, then to have a player that is playing 1 year too many. That could have the same issues, but cost the club a fortune.