What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith to be 5/8 - You are kidding

skeepe

Immortal
Ubsy, where is your proof that Smith is playing one year too many. How many bad games of his have you watched recently? Come to that, how many games of his have you watched recently?

Poida_Raider

Bench
just quietly, schif happens, that is probably the best call i've heard for a long time, maybe a little inappropriate, but otherwise brilliant! :lol:

Ubsy

Juniors
skeepe said:
Ubsy, where is your proof that Smith is playing one year too many. How many bad games of his have you watched recently? Come to that, how many games of his have you watched recently?

I will admit that I haven't watched many games, however I do know something. Not many players have come back from england at the age of 32+ and had any major impact for their respective side week in, week out.
I just don't see the value for money for the guy, after all they could of spent the money on keeping young talent like monagahn, Davico and Mclinden to name a couple.

Ubsy said:
I just don't see the value for money for the guy, after all they could of spent the money on keeping young talent like monagahn, Davico and Mclinden to name a couple.

Yes, that proves your point excellently.

Ubsy

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
Ubsy said:

Yes, that proves your point excellently.

So........i get it!!!
A 32 year old player coming from a poorer competition in england, is
better than a 30 year old player that was on the fringe for state of origin selection. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mike83au

Juniors
Mate, that 32yo you talk about is an ex Origin and Australian player..... it's not like the Raiders stood out the front of Bruce with a big hook to just get any old yobbo off the street....

He's played 1 game for us, and so far so good - so let's just see how things work out. I'm confident that he'll provide good leadership for us.

Ubsy

Juniors
ex..... :lol:
There is plenty of ex origin and australian players out there, but that is why they are "Ex" players.

We should re-visit this thread in a couple of months and see who has the egg on their face...

Greenblooded

Juniors
He could be right, look how hopeless Nick Graham was for the Tigers last year. Mind you Jason Smith has something Graham doesn't - Class

Ubsy said:
There is plenty of ex origin and australian players out there, but that is why they are "Ex" players.

We should re-visit this thread in a couple of months and see who has the egg on their face...

That we shall. Just make sure you remember which isle at Woolies they have the eggs, as you will need some for your facial in the very near future.

mike83au

Juniors
Ubsy said:

I'll t y p e_____ s l o w l y____ s o____ y o u___ u n d e r s t a n d. My point was that IMO, I would take a 32yo player who has the experience of rep football behind him, over a 30yo fringe (and injury prone) rep player.

C a p i s h?

Ubsy

Juniors
How touchy do we get as raiders supporters.... :cry:
We would be just as quick to defend Mr Davico and the likes last year, but as soon as they go, we all think that it is the right decision. Typical...
I am wondering if Smith and Adamson have signed up to the wooldford clique yet.... :lol:

mike83au

Juniors
Ubsy said:
How touchy do we get as raiders supporters.... :cry:
We would be just as quick to defend Mr Davico and the likes last year, but as soon as they go, we all think that it is the right decision. Typical...
I am wondering if Smith and Adamson have signed up to the wooldford clique yet.... :lol:

is that similiar to a wooldholden?

SOULS 04

Juniors
ok i havent even seen smith play butn im hoping his class shows through.

we had to get some experience into the side because we had lost so much... do you really think we wanted to lose wiki and co.

smith is also only contracted for one year... if he fails thats it and the raiders have been predicted to fail this year anyways... if he succeeds then alot of ppl will look like wankers for writing off a great player.

jed

First Grade
Ubsy said:

Given that Davico badly injured himself in the game against the Knights toward the end of last season, and then badly injured himself at his first hit-out for his new club, meaning that he's going to miss virtually this entire season, I have no issues with the club letting him go. This is not to do with whether he's a current player or not, but no-one wants to have a player on their payroll that's injured, so much so that they aren't even guaranteed to lace up the boots all season.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts