What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith v Porter (partial spoiler)

Alan Shore

First Grade
How is Tim Smith really any better than Porter?

Smith has no running game, is kick-happy, and attacking kicks are unreliable - he's bombed three tries in one half tonight with crap kicks when he should have run and passed.
Porter is also an ace goalkicker, and looked alright when he started running it a bit in the final few games last year. Smith is a target in defence whereas Porter is rock solid.

I'm just not convinced that Smith is a better option - not just based on tonight, but thinking about his game since he joined us.

I do think Smith is a good player and like him, but these deficiencies keep recurring.

Last edited:

Feej

First Grade
Seems that SFP is out of favour for some reason - Assume it's form, but I think he'd have to be given a go soon if Smith doesn't pick things up a bit.

By the way, how poorly is Fergo going?

roboshark

Coach
Without a doubt one of the worst performances in the history of the club by anyone in a no 7 jersey

Frailty

First Grade
After tonight's performance... Fergo, Tautai, Smith need time in Reggies.

The team is structured well but when they have the advantage the players seem like they panic. Smith is the key to this. Instead of directing where the ball should go - he will throw it inside or kick it.

Tautai has the worst hands in the game - worse then pommeroys.

Fergo... Believed his hype. He needs to learn to hit the ball with speed... Gardner and Gordon are great!

Gardner & Gordon, are going very well, Gordon leave Ferguson dead for speed as well, Ferguson has decided to run cross field, and seems cranky each time tackled

Dragon

Coach
Is Ferguson that slow or has he simply gotten lazy? His runs out of the sharks 20 were so half arsed, and yeah Tautai is sh*t

Feej

First Grade
Ferguson runs like he's waiting for Wendell to give him another wrap. Needs time in reggies for sure.

Frailty

First Grade
What is worse with ferguson is as soon as someone grabs him - he stops and concedes.

Gordon and Gardner hit the line at speed and try to break the line.

But I tell you what, I hadn't seen so many hospital passes since the Anderson era.

Frailty

First Grade
My backs for next week:

1. Gardner
2. Stapleton
3. Collis
4. Brown
5. Gordon
6. Barrett
7. Porter

roboshark

Coach
Ferguson has gotten worse each week.....someone needs to peel his skin off and see if he is the same person inside as 2009

Reserves for sure if I was coach

shark martin

Juniors
i too haven't seen a worse performance from a halfback, than tonight. smith ruined every attacking chance we had. if we had a halfback with composure, we would have won tonight. you could see ferguson becoming frustrated with smith's terrible crossfield kicks as well..

snoozer

Bench
After tonight's performance... Fergo, Tautai, Smith need time in Reggies.

The team is structured well but when they have the advantage the players seem like they panic. Smith is the key to this. Instead of directing where the ball should go - he will throw it inside or kick it.

Tautai has the worst hands in the game - worse then pommeroys.

Fergo... Believed his hype. He needs to learn to hit the ball with speed... Gardner and Gordon are great!
agree bout fergo and tautai.
smith def needs a rocket-he was woeful tonight.
tautai and smith cost us a victory.

loving the gard/gord show.thats the most promising thing in our backs for a little while.

Latest posts