What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

snakes and ladders: who will be the NRLs big improvers in '12?

Who do you guys/gals think will be the NRL big improvers and disappointments in 2012? Which side has the potential to have a contrast season next year as compared to this year? I'm going to be bold and say that the Panthers will be the big movers up the ladder while I think the the Storm will get the snakes and slide down the ladder, though possibly still make the 8.

Eels Dude

Coach
I think it's a tough one as most of the bottom 8 sides have so much potential to improve. The Raiders missed Dugan, Campese, and Leyroyd Lahrs for most of last year and they're the club's 3 best players so with them back they could do anything. The Titans have recruited well as have the Eels. The Roosters will be better off now Carney and Myles are no longer there. Souths suffered from injuries to their forward pack. Panthers have a fresh coach and Phil Gould too to change their attitude. The only team I'd write off from potentially making the finals is Cronulla.

typicalfan

Coach
I think the Eels are the team that could most easily do it. They kept up with the best teams in the competition, a few adjustments and they could be contenders. Raiders have the roster but do they have the mental strength? Rabbitohs have a big brand new coach but do they have the spine?

Bulldogs I can't see making it, while they will compete I feel players looking over their shoulder is a bad thing.

thommo4pm

Coach
Souths will slide further down the ladder.
Sandow was their best player by a long way and he is gone.

I can see the Cows moving from 7th to a top 4 spot next year.

And I think the Tigers will drop down from 4th.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'd like to think Roosters will have their problems from this year sorted and make a play for the premiership...but who knows :lol:

IFR33K

Coach
Eels to be the biggest movers up the ladder.

Tigers to fall and miss the eight

Suitman

Post Whore
Maybe I need to remove the blue and gold glasses, but I can't see another team improving as much as the Eels next year. We have bought well, and I believe Kearney is the right man to get the players to gel. Faders might do a little better than this season if they can stay injury free.
As for the snakes, I reckon Manly will do it tough, although it will depend upon who is in charge. I reckon Saints will really struggle to make the eight.

Suity

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Eels to improve. Panthers to improve. Broncos to struggle without Locky. Knights to improve. Dragons to struggle without Bennet. Roosters to improve. I reckon my Rabbits will improve too given the new coach

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Why is everyone blowing smoke up parras ass?

Same reason they blew it up canberra's ass last year. Higher they rise, harder they fall.....

But seriously, Sandow giving them creativity at 7 which they severly lacked last year IMO and anything below 6th is a massive underacheivement