What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

snakes and ladders: who will be the NRLs big improvers in '12?

HowHigh

Coach
Raiders and Eels have the potential to turn it around and make the 8

Cowboys to miss the 8 (nothing against the cowboys have a bit of a soft spot for em)

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The Raiders will all rest on if mein Furner can sort out the same old defensive issues that have plagued the club since he has been coaching. The awful fringe defence and the ice cream truck slow defensive line.

boxhead

First Grade
My club bias says the Eels will be the big improvers, out of all the teams I think they have recruited the best from the ground up. But who knows really? At least judging from the responses of other users my opinion is not born out of blind optimism.

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Raiders will all rest on if mein Furner can sort out the same old defensive issues that have plagued the club since he has been coaching. The awful fringe defence and the ice cream truck slow defensive line.

In fairness to Mein Furhner, we've had shotty defense for near on a decade, Schifcofske and more recently dugan when he's on, covered up a lot of mishaps in the defensive line

milne sucked but at the point he was playing we were really playing with a "we'll score 2 for your 1" mentality

Greenbits

Juniors
It will be an even year, so the Raiders. They will start out crapolla playing bash and barge, one out footy. Finally ignoring the coaches instructions they'll play expansive, exciting football off the back of the blinding form of Campese and/or Dugan. This will probably begin with an upset victor against the Dragons. They will procede to scrape into the finals following an 8 game winning streak and in a mass of green excitement. Finally they will wither and die in week one or two of the finals.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Luke Lewis and Michael Gordon can stay fit all season, the Panthers should make the top 8 and possibly even be a top 4 threat. If one or both spends a great deal of time injured, then I really don't like our chances at all.

Hopefully Cleary moves Coote to the halves and that helps improve our kicking game, running game and turn Jenko back into a weapon. If he can make a competent halves pairing, we might not need to rely on players like Gordon and Lewis to cause all the damage.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The broncos will slide, Darren is more of a loss than they think

Cant see the Titans stay so low.

BranVan3000

Coach
Souths will slide further down the ladder.
Sandow was their best player by a long way and he is gone.

I can see the Cows moving from 7th to a top 4 spot next year.

And I think the Tigers will drop down from 4th.

Even if Sandow was the best player, the problem was the whole team never clicked cause of the coaching

Souths could easily improve just due to coaching quality

Pete Cash

Post Whore
In fairness to Mein Furhner, we've had shotty defense for near on a decade, Schifcofske and more recently dugan when he's on, covered up a lot of mishaps in the defensive line

milne sucked but at the point he was playing we were really playing with a "we'll score 2 for your 1" mentality

True enough.

The defensive line speed is probably the biggest problem and its part of the reason benji destroys us every year.

nko11

Juniors
  • Manly to miss 8.
  • Bulldogs in top 6.
  • Souths to come 9th.
  • Wests Tigers to slip outside top 8.
  • Cronulla inside top 8.
  • Penrith in the top 4 and Gus is hailed as new god.
We'll see how these go :)