What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So boyd is going as well then ??

Tim Smith

Juniors
Thanks Gaba for that info...good news...I do think our squad will be largely the same as this year with a few more stepping up from the 20's and even the Carlton league.

Dragon Jim

Juniors
The thing is, Bennett said he wont be making a decision on his future until after the season didnt he??

If that is the case, Boyd has a decision to make. To either re-sign with Saints, or take a punt and wait until Bennett makes a decision at season's end and see if that team has any room in their cap to sign him.

I think we will end up keping him

Bring back choc

Juniors
It's highly unlikely Boyd will stay. Perhaps a huge salary will tempt him, but it's very unlikey he'll be at the dragons next year.

hardbaby

Coach
With Bennett going next year (almost certainly to the Broncos) and Lockyer retiring at the same time, I'd say Boyd is almost certain to be the 5/8 there next year. It's not guaranteed but I feel it is overwhelmingly likely.

It's a shame. He's an excellent player and provides a lot of the spark to a backline that quite frankly, needs it. And his positional play and defensive qualities are superb. And he's not on monstrous money. Big loss.

I have often wondered how Gasnier would go at fullback. A bit of extra freedom would be nice (he is very heavily marked). It might also open up the way for Stanley to move into centre. A slightly left field choice. What do you guys think? The alternative I guess is Nightingale to fullback and Tagive to the wing.

The Titans also have a lot of cash and need a 5/8th...

Who I recall that are off contract at the end of the year:
Boyd
Stanley
Greenfield
Green
Bosden
Cronin
Marketo
Cuthbertson

boxa777

Coach
I'll be stunned if he stays..

With Lockyer leaving, there is a distinct absence of a genuine superstar on that Bronco roster and that is what Boyd has now become.

Mattfaz

Juniors
With Bennett going next year (almost certainly to the Broncos) and Lockyer retiring at the same time, I'd say Boyd is almost certain to be the 5/8 there next year. It's not guaranteed but I feel it is overwhelmingly likely.

It's a shame. He's an excellent player and provides a lot of the spark to a backline that quite frankly, needs it. And his positional play and defensive qualities are superb. And he's not on monstrous money. Big loss.

I have often wondered how Gasnier would go at fullback. A bit of extra freedom would be nice (he is very heavily marked). It might also open up the way for Stanley to move into centre. A slightly left field choice. What do you guys think? The alternative I guess is Nightingale to fullback and Tagive to the wing.
How about we send Gasnier to the Broncs and keep Boyd!

Red_Vee

Juniors
well it was reported on fox sports news today that bennett to broncos is a done deal. that being the case, you can almost be certain that boyd will go back home. good luck to him, he did what he came to do and without him we probably would not have won the premiership but he isn't irreplaceable either.

Jono1987

Juniors
An even better one if Boyd leaves and Coops calls it a day..

1. Stanley
2. Morris
3. Gasnier
4. Tagive
5. Nightingale

:D

What is the fascination of moving Nightingale to fullback? He is a superstar winger. Leave him there!

If Boyd leaves:

1. Stanley
2. Morris
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale

chris_el

Juniors
Yeah Stanley seems to be an awesome Utility player, that could work with any back line position.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Stanley could play fullback for sure. He's difficult to tackle, he's great on his feet, he can ball play in the line.... he's a similar build to boyd (and he's only going to get stronger). Would love to see him there.

Latest posts