What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So close, so faraway

2 True Blues

Coach
G' day MMM. Yeah it sure is devastating HPH, and I agree with what you said re the field goal attempt. May have waited a little until better placed , they did kick very early in the tackle count.

So............How many days are there until kickoff 2007 ???? :-k ( LMAO ).....................

This year it was was about the second week in March, I went to a few trial games in February, so only 5 months!

I think we should all embark on a 'convert a mate campaign' for next season, I have already signed up one mate who is keen to come to Henson after watching them in the grand final.

Manfred Moore

Juniors
Die-Hard p/t Jet Fan said:
This year it was was about the second week in March, I went to a few trial games in February, so only 5 months!

I think we should all embark on a 'convert a mate campaign' for next season, I have already signed up one mate who is keen to come to Henson after watching them in the grand final.

Nice work Die Hard.

The great thing is that when you bring a mate down to Henson on a saturday arvo you don't even have to try to convert them...you just look around at the dogs and kids and frisbees and the men urinating their belly full of KB's on the citrus fence on the hill...and you gaze past the King V stand at that Tom Roberts painted sun setting in the west :cool: and realise that for that little moment in time maybe everything is alright in the world afterall.

Oh yeah. And then there is that small matter of a football game...

Bring on March.

Manfred Moore

Juniors
I retract everything I just said.

I just spoke to a mate on the phone (now an ex mate) who said "what are you worried about it was only premier league".

Yes. That just about sums it all up. He probably thinks Telstra is a great ground to watch football from and that the channel nine footy show is decent entertainment.

How the f**k some of you can be so positive after that loss is beyond me!

I'm still in denial. When I watch the DVD from 81 and get about half way through I still think we're a chance. It will be a long time before I get round to watching this one.

Anyhow go the jets.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
:lol: Get into'em Manfred!....... :fist: Telstra is a sh*thole of gargantuan proportions..... :thumbd: I can suffer the SFS but Telstra! pfft!

In regards to having a piss! I'd much rather piss behind a bush at Henson Park than wait in a long line of ring pirates at these f**king stadiums!

girvie

Staff member
Manfred Moore said:
I just spoke to a mate on the phone (now an ex mate) who said "what are you worried about it was only premier league".
Welcome to my world.

Manfred Moore

Juniors
newtownbluebags said:
:lol: Get into'em Manfred!....... :fist: Telstra is a sh*thole of gargantuan proportions..... :thumbd: I can suffer the SFS but Telstra! pfft!

In regards to having a piss! I'd much rather piss behind a bush at Henson Park than wait in a long line of ring pirates at these f**king stadiums!

Lol. Too bloody right!

Mate I love Henson Park, its within walking distance from my house, and the the atmosphere is awesome. However I must admit it was a bit of a guilty pleasure watching the Jets run around at Telstra for the semi & the grand final. Having said that 2 games a season is plenty!

There is nothing better than watching games at Henson, well maybe Spotland...
I do like watching the Jets play on the big grounds like Homebush, SFS etc but nothing beats Henson. The beers, the pies, seeing the same people in the same spot every week. Now that's what the footy is all about!
Roll on 2007.

2 True Blues

Coach
Manfred Moore said:
I'm still in denial. When I watch the DVD from 81 and get about half way through I still think we're a chance. It will be a long time before I get round to watching this one.

Anyhow go the jets.

Im the same mate with my 81 DVD..........LOL...........Watching this one on the replay is gonna hurt as well I reckon.

How close was that try mate when we were held up/out, ( 1cm in it ) and Jets win the final. :? Not to mention the converstions and the rushed field goals. Gonna be a good thing to have, but like you say mate, gonna be a while till i can actually watch it again.

Not over it yet, but while trying to think of something positive I thought of the giant steps the jets have taken, even in the last few years:

2004 Premier league and jim beam both miss the finals

2005 Premier league make the preliminary final,jim beam makes the minor semi-final

2006 Premier league and jim beam both grand finalists

that improvement is awesome and gives inspiration and hope for next year.

Well done Jets.

Bluebag

Juniors
What a great year it has been and Youngy deserves a big pat on the back, when we were struggling with injuries he did not rape the JBC but allowed Matto to pick his best at the back end of the season to ensure they also went as far as they did. Unselfish on his part and the club got the results of great club coaching.

2 True Blues

Coach
I for one am still worried about DEPTH ( if we have another injury season like this year in 2007 ). IF ??? there is no Jets Jim Beam team in 2007 will more money go into the A grade comp and the player quality in that comp improve as such. In order to have another TEAM to call up players from if injuries/suspensions insist that need.

????????????

Jeffles

Bench
My guess would be surplus players would go to Flegg or if they are too old they'll either sit out that week or play in another over age comp, be it A Grade or something else.

Jeffles

Bench
We won't know until squads are finalised and coaches are consulted. With Anderson starting he may have a different idea about Roosters contracted players. This is something we won't get an answer on any time soon.

2 True Blues

Coach
Jeffles said:
We won't know until squads are finalised and coaches are consulted. With Anderson starting he may have a different idea about Roosters contracted players. This is something we won't get an answer on any time soon.

What kind of different idea mate ?? I missed what you meant by DIFFERENT idea buddy !:-k

Jeffles

Bench
I don't know what the different idea is - simply that it is something else.

You'll have to ask Chris Anderson :p

Latest posts