What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So does this mean that 16 is official?

BunniesMan

Immortal
I've never had a problem with the Dragons claiming 16. If I was a Dragons fan I probably would too.

There are no Steelers premierships to make it complicated like there is with the Tigers. And this has never been a genuine joint venture. The St George Illawarra Dragons are more like a semi relocation of the St George Dragons than a proper JV.

The Dragons have 16. I'm happy to give em that.

Big Sam

First Grade
According to the 2014 Official NRL Media Guide, St George Illawarra was founded in 1999 and won its only premiership in 2010.

Parra

Referee
It was a lot of history the dragons pissed away for a little bit of cash.

Seems everything has it's price.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I disagree that the same logic can be applied to Wests Tigers. That counts premierships from 2 teams that played at the same time. The Dragons do not.

If we merged with Easts would the Sydney Souths (catchy I know) have 30+? No.

The Dragons have 16. The Tigers do not.

newman

First Grade
I disagree that the same logic can be applied to Wests Tigers. That counts premierships from 2 teams that played at the same time. The Dragons do not.

If we merged with Easts would the Sydney Souths (catchy I know) have 30+? No.

The Dragons have 16. The Tigers do not.

Big night out with your mates tonight?

Latest posts