What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So how much is SBW paid after all?

Somebody make some phone calls, do a bit of wiretapping, talk to some French snitches or even the president and find out how much he signed for in Toulon. Just to give us a peace of mind that it was indeed all about the money.

Cos there have been contradicting reports, some have said 1.5 mil, some have said 500k per year.

The Colonel

Immortal
I guess we will never really know.... but Choc was on $600,000 so it would have to be more than that. ;-)

hitman82

Bench
SWW is being paid the going rate for the total quota of one human's soul, sanity, loyalty and credibility.

If SBW was on $400k a year less 46% tax =$216k.He is undoudbly one of the best players in the nrl i think he is worth alot more to any club just by the support he gets from the kids.I blame the nrl and the club for letting him get to the stage of i have had enough.I personally know players not as good as sbw who get rorted by the clubs.So the minute a player says he is not happy the club ignores him knowing full well they sucked him in at lower money and then they cry when the kid wakes up one day and says im worth more.Good luck to him.My son would have done the same.:cool:

If SBW was on $400k a year less 46% tax =$216k.He is undoudbly one of the best players in the nrl i think he is worth alot more to any club just by the support he gets from the kids.I blame the nrl and the club for letting him get to the stage of i have had enough.I personally know players not as good as sbw who get rorted by the clubs.So the minute a player says he is not happy the club ignores him knowing full well they sucked him in at lower money and then they cry when the kid wakes up one day and says im worth more.Good luck to him.My son would have done the same.:cool:

Take it up with their Manager. they negotiate on their behalf and no body puts a gun to their head to sign the contract. The kid had other options open to him to voice his dissatisfaction and didn't take them. He ran away like a scared little kitten.......Lame post

Didn't he say 1.5 over 2 years in the interview?

I don`t think he said that. He referred to an offer he had from St Helens back in 2004, which was 2 million for two years.

The 1.5/year may be right, but he`s still gonna be in trouble when he`s ordered to pay damages to the doggies.

hugzy

Juniors
If SBW was on $400k a year less 46% tax =$216k.

bro r u in year 8?

1. we have tax brackets, so hes probably paying (estimate) 35% tax aggregate

2. footballers/writers/actors/sportsmen etc have different type of tax system cuz they earn more in a shorter period of time and at other times they earn nothing, so they have their own equations etc

Im not your bro.Whether you work 2 months and have 3 off its your yearly income you pay tax on.Even if he cleared $300k that is still not enough for a player like him.Also managers have been known to look after some clubs in regard to players that come on the market.No wonder he sacked Orr convincing a 22 year old that $400k was all he was worth.Iwonder what was in it for the manager.

... managers have been known to look after some clubs in regard to players that come on the market.No wonder he sacked Orr convincing a 22 year old that $400k was all he was worth.Iwonder what was in it for the manager.

Interesting remark, I really hope this sort of stuff doesn`t happen. Surely, the more money the player gets, the higher the manager`s commission?

I have personally been involved with a young up and coming player for the last few years and the treatment he has received from his last 2 managers and clubs is atrocious.Believe me it does happen.:cool:

Girondin

Juniors
His salary at Toulon will be €300k per year, roughly AUD 500k. Not a big difference with his Bulldogs contract.

But there must be sponsorship contracts (maybe with Puma) on top of that. In his interview he did suggest he was getting much more money, with his "bus driver" allegory.

Or maybe he's just taking a gamble. Starting with "only" €300k and hoping to be successful in the sport and get massive third-party contracts in the future, like the Carters, Michalaks or Wilkinsons.

Lego_Man

First Grade
If youve got a problem with how much tax high-income earners pay, take it up with the government. I think you'll find its a lot less than the French do FYI.

Whoops, you probably voted Rudd anyway...

Latest posts