What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So is Benji overrated????

simon says

First Grade
Lot of peeps were putting the boot in about Benji.Only 20 games and look at the things this kid can do.

I remember hearing how Carney was the next big thing and would show Benji a thing or two.....well I think its pretty clear who is the real deal and who is the pretender.

Benji is the real deal.....and he is here now.

Overrated.....he isnt rated enough,what a star.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Benji will be a star. Carney will be a good player maybe, thats the difference. a few raiders supporters are just a little bias in there analysis of him

Balmain_Boy

That's crap. He missed Ben Kennedy a couple of times, granted. He's not in the top 6 missed tackles for 5/8s.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lockyer is an ordinary defender too...but he's still the best player in the world.

I havent seen anything from Carney yet that suggests he'll even make a solid first grader. But there's plenty of time yet.

Marshall on the other hand is the real deal. Any club would love to have an attacking weapon like him in their team.

colonel_123

Juniors
Marshall averages 14.4 tackles per game and misses on average 3.2 mistackles.

On the other hand:

Lockyer: 16 tackles, 4.6 mistackles
Campbell: 11.3 tackles, 4.7 mistackles
Anasta: 11.7 tackles, 3.3 mistackles
Hill: 19 tackles, 3.8 mistackles
Seymour: 19.3 tackles, 5.6 mistackles
Joe Williams: 5.6 tackles, 3.7 mistackles
Kimmorley: 18.3 tackles, 4.6 mistackles

RenoufPhan

Juniors
Benji has definitely stepped up his game this year IMO. People will continue to criticise his defense but in all honesty it's never going to be a strength of his game and its not the reason he is in the Tigers 1st grade team anyway - he's there because he's dynamic in attack.

I think he's an awesome prospect and was impressed with the way he handled himself in the international arena earlier this year.

I know where you're coming from simon says. Karmichael had two ordinary games a couple of months back (one where he was severely restricted by cramps) and everyone was quick to pile on the kid with some even saying he wouldn't play first grade at most clubs in the NRL. Ever since he has been going gangbusters and all of a sudden the haters have gone into hiding.

Funny how it works like that.

simon says

First Grade
Well he already has the best step and chip in the game.....there is no doubt.His passing game is close to the best in the comp.......defenders really dont know where he is gonna pass,and sometimes he doesnt and explodes through them.

That try he scored against the Faiders was unreal.....there was so little space and they didnt even lay a glove on him.

Benji debuted in what, 02 or 03, Carney debuted last year, had 15 minutes, and has only played what would probably equate to a game and a half in minutes since, dont write someone off so early in their career.

In saying that, I dont think ive seen someone dominate a defensive line at times like Marshall did on sunday

simon says

First Grade
Im not writing Carney off at all....but gee some of you lime green popsickle fans were putting the boot into Benji at the start of the year....

Note to Raiders fans......form in PL doesnt mean kid will be instant first grade star....re Gafa and a host of others.

Red Bear

Referee
RenoufPhan said:
Benji has definitely stepped up his game this year IMO. People will continue to criticise his defense but in all honesty it's never going to be a strength of his game and its not the reason he is in the Tigers 1st grade team anyway - he's there because he's dynamic in attack.

I think he's an awesome prospect and was impressed with the way he handled himself in the international arena earlier this year.

I know where you're coming from simon says. Karmichael had two ordinary games a couple of months back (one where he was severely restricted by cramps) and everyone was quick to pile on the kid with some even saying he wouldn't play first grade at most clubs in the NRL. Ever since he has been going gangbusters and all of a sudden the haters have gone into hiding.

Funny how it works like that.

Dont worry renouph phan, i still dont rate cutie;-)

RenoufPhan

Juniors
:lol:

Fair enough GTB.

Everyone's entitled to an opinon. Even those people like yourself who are obviously wrong.

:p

camir21

Juniors
Simon says you are an Idiot.

<quote>Note to Raiders fans......form in PL doesnt mean kid will be instant first grade star....re Gafa and a host of others.</quote>

You goose there is a good reason why they have crap players like Gafa and T.Smith in first grade, look how many players are injured. the amount of players they have lost it is like taking 10 1st grade players out of the tigers outfit (not like you could tell the difference). I would love to see how they would handle it.

Todd Carney is the real deal and in the future will prove to every one why the Raiders Fans, Players and Officials think so highly of him.

aqua_duck

Coach
colonel_123 said:
Marshall averages 14.4 tackles per game and misses on average 3.2 mistackles.

On the other hand:

Anasta: 11.7 tackles, 3.3 mistackles
Yet the concensus is that Marshall is this tuirnstyle and Anasta is this big hard hitting defensive brick wall.

simon says

First Grade
camir21 said:
Simon says you are an Idiot.

<You goose Todd Carney is the real deal and in the future will prove to every one why the Raiders Fans, Players and Officials think so highly of him.

Im a goose and an Idiot........fact one.....Raiders fans were crowing about how he was better than Binji at the start of the year......well he isnt.He may well be a star of the future but Benji is a star now.

Fact two.....Wests Tigers 26-18 over Canberra Raiders.

Fact three.....over 18 thousand punters there.

Its all good.:lol:

Tommy Smith

Referee
simon says said:
His passing game is close to the best in the comp........
Steady on champ.

He's a fantastic talent, but close to the best passing game in the comp?:oops: He has one try assist this year, which isn't an entire reflection on his passing game, but none the less enough to say he hasn't got close to the best passing game in the comp.

Not that we needed a stat to prove that.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think he's got the best footwork in the comp and is one of the most evasive players in the comp

Raider_69

Post Whore
Carney is 18, plenty of time left. myself and other raiders fans made the mistake of assuming he was ready now, he isnt but he isnt far off it. He still have the best part of 15 years left in the NRL. He isnt playing NSW u/19's for nothing.

Benji is developing into a fine player. His durability is still a question mark.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah , i wouldnt say Benji's passing game is the best yet. At times its great but every now and then he slips in a shocker that leaves you wondering what he was thinking.