What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So long Seuseu

LeagueNut

First Grade
New Zealand Warriors prop Jerry Seuseu will quit the league club at the end of this season, it was reported today.

The Kiwis hardman told Sunday News he had another option outside the Warriors and the National Rugby League (NRL) next year.

"I've got something lined up offshore. This will be my last year at the Warriors and I want to go out with a bang," he was quoted as saying.

Seuseu became a Warriors regular in 2000 after the departure of Kiwis prop Joe Vagana to England.

I don't like to say I told you so ...

Iafeta

Referee
He said as much after the Kiwis tour he would be leaving the club.

My only question is, how can a British club approach Jerry before June 30th? Does the Anti Tampering rules not apply to British clubs? If so, the NRL have to clamp down on that quick smart.

Iafeta

Referee
Then if the British clubs are exempt, but NRL not, couldn't a NRL club (lets say for arguments sakes and are probably most likely to be the Chooks) take the NRL to court for a restriction of trade??

LeagueNut

First Grade
I guess so ... but the Chooks are likely to take the NRL to court for spelling errors these days ...

da mad maori

Juniors
I read the same article in the Sunday News.It didnt mention anything about him going to England to play.All it said was,"I've got something lined up off-shore".Now I know he's been studying and sitting exams,so maybe he has a job away from
League lined up.

AuckMel

Bench
da mad maori said:
I read the same article in the Sunday News.It didnt mention anything about him going to England to play.All it said was,"I've got something lined up off-shore".Now I know he's been studying and sitting exams,so maybe he has a job away from
League lined up.

Possible mate, but highly unlikely. Jerry could play for another 3 years in the UK.

Iafeta

Referee
Don't think so DMM, Jerry said specifically after the Kiwis tour he had a few approaches and would definitely like to finish his career in the UK.

Perhaps with his legal exams he might do a bit of study at Cambridge or Oxford whilst there?

ozbash

Referee
wow, maybe he,s going to become a rower . need a bloody big boat.

my bet is bradford.

LeagueNut

First Grade
:lol: @ ozbash!

I really hope Jerry does get his chance to 'go out with a bang' this year. I would hate for him to be replaced in the team - hopefully his form will pick up to keep him in there. He needs 26 games to overtake Logan as the second most capped Warrior, which is pretty much an entire season. Be nice if he could get it, but then it would be nice if Logan could keep it too! :?

EDIT: Just thought, we've now got Toopi re-signed & Jerry leaving - that leaves Villasanti (as far as I know) to negotiate with. Anyone else off contract this year?

Iafeta

Referee
Mark Tookey is. I'm not sure of many others, if any.

Definitely need now to resign Gorilla as a priority, and possibly Mark Tookey as back up now also. He may also earn a reprieve given Jerry's said Seu Se U's later.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It's confirmed that Jerry's going to Wigan. Would've been nice to see him stay a couple more seasons but hopefully some of the young guys will make the step up.

Meth

Staff member
He's a fine player.

Was the best prop in the world in 2002 IMO

Good luck to him

Latest posts