What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So many choices?

Favourite League Show?

• Tuesday Fox

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Wednesday Fox

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Thursday Footy Show

• Friday night pre-game

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Pre-game super saturday

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Sunday Fox

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Sunday Footy Show

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Sunday Roast

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Monday Night Fox pre-game

• 2GB CCT

• 2UE Sports Tonite

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • 2SM Talkin Sport

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • 2KY BSB & Hollywood -Zorba

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • 2MMM Monday night Footy

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • ABC Grandstand

Votes: 21 25.3%

• Total voters

Mr Saab

Referee
I bloody well hope so.
I turn off now when he is on and listen to FM and then sports tonight on 2UE.

I understand that Hughes was pissed off at missing MNF radio rights, and he should have been. But it smacks of a vendetta now and it's patently obvious now. Even allowing for his interview with Gallop, he should just bloody-well get over it.

Also, they waffle on and on about how great it was in the mid 1980's compared to now and it's just a load of bollocks. Hughes makes it sound like he's the only one who knows.

FFS, we average double the crowds we averaged in 1985.

And Robbo?

Good God...

innsaneink

Referee
Yeh talkinsport overdo the retro stuff now, i still listen though.

I like Andrew moore on 2ue?? on Sunday nites, H&Z in the mornings at times is good...Sunday footy show = when I think of it is good cause it reminds me of sundays in winter , young blokes games choice.

Mr Saab

Referee
Andrew Moore is on 2GB...he started on 2UE...then went to 2GB...back to 2UE....then i think to 2SM with clive robertson in the mornings...then back to 2GB.

Hallatia

Referee
it is all good in my opinion, no matter how crap it is, I love disagreeing with "the experts"
there is only so much you can get on tv, the radio ones are the best in my opinion and callers on the radio are always funny, especially those who have no idea what they are on about, I have not called in in a while though

Brutus

Referee
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I've put 2SM but TBH I'm going off it a bit. Graeme Hughes is getting terribly annoying with his constant whining about the cap and it really discourages my listening when they talk AFL and Union.

Get it through your heads fellas, no one gives a rat's arse about either sport.

They don't talk much AFL anymore at all.

When Langers and Hughes are on it's about 80-85 percent league 15-20 percent other.

My faves are Talkin Sport (when Langers and Hughes are on)
ABC Grandstand - Thirsty and Wok are awesome together. Love Wok's views on the game.
Hollywood and Zorba - although better when it's Greg Hayes and Zorba.
Brandy and Gibbsy/ Sports Today usually read out plenty of anti AFL and union emails which can be amusing, but that show does talk a lot about nuffy sports.
Sunday Roast was better last year, but it's still a good watch.

Worst by far is the continuous call team on 2GB and the both footy shows. I used to like the Sunday one, but the panels they've had this year have been shocking. Surely league has better analysts than Fenech, Harrogan and Ikin.

Award for rookie shocker goes to the Triple M call team - caters for 10 year olds.

domdom

Juniors
ABC grandstand are the best on the radio. a good, professional call with no bullsh*t agendas. the guys know what they are talking about and call it like it is.

on TV, i try to steer clear of channel nein, unless a game is on. ben "believe you me" ikin gives me the willies. the amount of ads they put in is pretty irritating too.

Mr Saab

Referee
I agree with all that Brutus.
Greg Hayes is great, but suffers from Locky1 syndrome in thinking Shane Watson will be some kind of great cricketer.
Zorba is good also as he doesnt hold back mocking anyone (anyone who zero association with Munly)

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I've put 2SM but TBH I'm going off it a bit. Graeme Hughes is getting terribly annoying with his constant whining about the cap and it really discourages my listening when they talk AFL and Union.

Get it through your heads fellas, no one gives a rat's arse about either sport.

I'm with you there. ENOUGH already about Coffs Harbour and Corey Hughes! f**k talk about agendas!

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Ye Olde Thurs Footy Show, Sunday Footy Show and Sunday Roast for me.

They're all different kind of shows.

Hallatia

Referee
I think the Sunday Roast is really good, because it is poure footy discussion and the guys are not trying to be idiots and I am a big fan of Andrew Voss, I reckon he has got to be the top footy head and commentator at this point in time, I rate him above Rabbits

The Gunner

Juniors
I believe David Gallop is going to be on Grandstand on Sunday. At least i know if you send an SMS to thirsty and the wok they'll read it and ask the appropriate people the questions. Wok will listen to any reasonable Rugby league thoughts. He doesn't dismiss others' thoughts without an explanation. I think the ABC has a new segment after the match which allows the listeners to express their thoughts without interruption unless of course its utter drivel.