What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So... The Broncos tomorrow night..

Bay56

First Grade
well done always a raider ..

could have saved yourself a lot of time buddy :lol:

aussies1st

Staff member
Review of the game http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Broncos-overcome-Raiders-in-NRL-trial/2006/02/18/1140151852148.html

The Brisbane Broncos overcame a 16-point deficit to record a relatively easy 28-20 NRL trial win over the Canberra Raiders in Port Macquarie.

Stung when down 16-0 after just 12 minutes, the Broncos reacted with 28 straight points to take the match.

Giant Kiwi winger Tame Tupou scored three tries, showing he may be the answer to the Broncos' wing problem.

The Raiders started like a team on fire posting three tries in the opening quarter of play.

Flashy centre Phil Graham scored after just three minutes on a routine backline move.

Five minutes later hooker Simon Woolford scored after taking an offload from lock Alan Tongue.

By the 12th minute the Broncos looked shaken when Graham crossed his second try after a clever flick-on pass from five-eighth Jason Smith.

But after the 20-minute mark the Broncos kicked into gear.

Tupou scored his first try after a ricochet from a Shane Perry kick and then Justin Hodges scored after a long Casey McGuire break.

The Broncos got in front 12 minutes into the second half when Tupou scored again after a Karmichael Hunt kick.

Seven minutes later Tupou was over again in the corner.

In the 65th minute Scott Minto put the game in safe keepings when he dived on a lost ball behind the Raiders try line.

Raider forward Andrew Lomu crashed over for a consolation try with five minutes remaining.

Sound all to familar. Start of well and then fall away in the end. I really hope we fix this problem up before the start of the season.

legend

Coach
Bay, you know what, you can be a reall tool sometimes.

Come the start of the season, LU will have the best live scores bar none which will be available whilst browsing the forums and also via sms.

We will be covering every game, every week without fail.

What is it with us falling in a heap after a great start??? there has gotta be something wrong with the training we are doing or something.

legend

Coach
I wouldn't read too much into a trial result as they mean nothing IMO but this has been a cause for concern in the past and IMO, it comes down to Elliott and his overly defensive game plan, which is to get a lead in the first ten minutes, then sit on it, play one out football and shut up shop.

Chachi

Bench
Yep, as much as the result doesn't really worry me too much as it was a trial, there seems to be a bit of a nasty habit continuing here. Sounds like we just got rolled.

legend

Coach
And Frawley wasn't there to gift the Broncos the win like he did lastyear at Suncorp!

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
with all our good backs Purtell better not walk straight in to our starting team,

BTW robo scored a good try for manly last night knowing our luck he'l be an origin player in a year :)

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Hey.. how did Zillman go?? I read in the earlier team lineup that he was starting in five eight with smith at 7.. any news would be greatly appreciated.

Bay56

First Grade
legend said:
Bay, you know what, you can be a reall tool sometimes.

Come the start of the season, LU will have the best live scores bar none which will be available whilst browsing the forums and also via sms.

We will be covering every game, every week without fail.

thanks Legg ... from you I'll consider that a real compliment :lol:

I'm sure LU will do well throughout the season ... "the other place" wont attempt to compete with the big boys in 2GB, Telstra and 3 ... they will though in discussion on all things Raiders ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
ohh god, im too hung over for this rubbish...

trial results mean squat IMO, though the collaspes giving away good early leads is troubling me, really dont need that sort of thing back for season 2006