What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So! What about Next Year? Where is Michael Buettner?

Unreal V

Juniors
I have seen nothing this year to suggest that next year will be any different. Yes we have some good if not great players comming to the club that will solve the problems we have had with our back line. Our pack will look alot stronger and faster which is a good thing.

My concern is that we won't have a halves combination that can put all of this together. It seems that Thorman will go as to will Adam Dykes, I personally don't rate Tim Smith at this stage, too slow and too young. Michael Witt has shown time and time again that he can't read a game and Morris does not want to play 5/8. What are our options?

More than likely Witt and Morris but what if and when one gets injured we have no depth, (like most teams you say) but most teams have an effective combination we will be starting with B crade halves.

If Parramatta can not keep Dykes we need to acquire a 5/8 I suggest we get back Buettner (don't laugh) he will have the experience to guide the boys around a bit and lift when Witt decides to sleep through another game.

Utey

Coach
Yeh if you want to get a player who will play one game and then spend the rst of the season with a knee injury fine. Surely there are better options. I just dont think dykes is in smiths game plan. I would lvoe to see him play here with an accomplised half. BUt who knows what will happen. I think with morris at 5/8 he wont be invloved in the ruck as much and give away fewer penalties

Eels Dude

Coach
Buettner is too old and is past his best. We have to hope that young blokes like Tim Smith come through and show their stuff.

strider

Post Whore
I don't know what Buettner's health situation is.....but I agree, we need someone with experience to guide us around......I don't think its a coincidence that our best season we had 2 veterans in the halves, JT and Buettner.

Utey

Coach
Yeh we are going to get no where with Witt he must be one of gthe worst players when it comes it reading the game and plays. He might as well told the Cowboys what play he was going to do next. I wish we had bought orford now. THis is why it is imperative we have dykes. If he stays injury free he would be a great assett to the club.

parra_princess

Juniors
Unreal V said:
I have seen nothing this year to suggest that next year will be any different.

So the names Mark Riddell, Timana Tahu, Glenn Morrison, Chad Robinson and Paul Stringer mean nothing?

At least next year I know we will have game breakers in our team. This year we are simply hoping that someone will turn into a game breaker.

And Michael Buettner...sure if he was playing like he did in 2001. But that would be 4 long seasons ago next year that he ever hit that kind of form.

Utey

Coach
The buys next year mean nothing unless we stay injury free. I mean Tahu needs surgeory, Morrisson is a big risk and iam not sure if Parramattas game plan suits them. LIke Tonga playing for parra he was very structured but at Doggies he excelled because it is more freee flowing and less structual. Parramatta will not buy buettner becuase of his bad run of injuries. I say release lyon who cares if he plays for manly next year or in 2006. And buy another descent player. With dykes going iam not sure how we will cope becuase he has been our only option for a while.

The buys next year mean nothing unless we stay injury free.

Despite what many will say, that is probably the biggest factor from our last two years (I think 2002 had a lot to do with 6 SOO players - we were doing quite well up until then).

But an injury free year will only be good if we have a good halves combination to run our fit boys around the park. It doesn't look like we have that atm. Give Mateo and Smith a go, even if from the bench, and see if they have what it takes to make things happen.

Utey

Coach
Yeh we shouldve made this deciision before. Firman signing with Parra wouldve been huge.

booeycollector

Juniors
Unreal V said:
If Parramatta can not keep Dykes we need to acquire a 5/8 I suggest we get back Buettner (don't laugh) he will have the experience to guide the boys around a bit and lift when Witt decides to sleep through another game.

Mate it's time to stop smoking the weed!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Are you Brian SMITHS brother?????

Unreal V

Juniors
parra_princess said:
Unreal V said:
I have seen nothing this year to suggest that next year will be any different.

So the names Mark Riddell, Timana Tahu, Glenn Morrison, Chad Robinson and Paul Stringer mean nothing?

At least next year I know we will have game breakers in our team. This year we are simply hoping that someone will turn into a game breaker.

Exactly they mean nothing if they do not get any ball, they mean nothing if they are not directed, they mean nothing if Witts best option is the high ball.

Yes they are good players (soldiers) and they deserve a good general. I can't see Morris as a 5/8 and the point is he does not see himself as a 5/8. More importantly it is a waste to play him there when he plays so much better with the Number 9 on his back. Riddell won't play a full 80 minutes so are we relying on Morris to be everything and be every where.

May be Beuttner in not the answer but at least it is an option, the way we stand we have not even afforded ourselves that luxury of choice.

bartman

Immortal
Here's another halfback... Denis Moran.

Been playing starting half for London Broncos since 2001, and topped the ESL try scoring lists twice (in an underperforming team). Would have developed as a player since leaving Parra, and might (speculation) want to come back and try his luck at home?

WA Eel

Juniors
strider said:
I don't know what Buettner's health situation is.....but I agree, we need someone with experience to guide us around......I don't think its a coincidence that our best season we had 2 veterans in the halves, JT and Buettner.
\

JT made Buettner look good, not the other way around. I mean Buettner was hardly the star of 2002.

Evil Homer

Staff member
bartman said:
Here's another halfback... Denis Moran.

Been playing starting half for London Broncos since 2001, and topped the ESL try scoring lists twice (in an underperforming team). Would have developed as a player since leaving Parra, and might (speculation) want to come back and try his luck at home?

That could happen,especially if London get relegated from ESL.

Not Mullane , Please God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!