What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So What Do I do?

Cagey Mac

Bench
Some advice from the wisened old heads in this place please

I'm 4 games plus margin in front in my office footy tipping comp (though the score is nothing to rave about; 113)
I have not picked the Dragons perhaps 4 times in my life
3 times in the nineties and once last decade
Against Canberra
Walker was sent off in the first 10 minutes and we still beat them
Against the Warriors in maybe '95
Tallis ran riot and we murdered them
Againt the Dogs
From memory in blood and bandages and Blacklock tore them apart
And in 03 in the last round against Brisbane when Piggy played like Andrew Johns
For all of this I'm deeply ashamed BUT we won every time in spite of the odds being incredibly stacked against us
I can afford to lose the points in comp (If I win it's five cases of beer of my choice)
Do I pick the Storm or break the hoodoo and go with the Mighty Red V like 99% of the time?
Cagey

Pick the Dragons.

No Cronk and other omissions.

Everyone else will pick the Storm, Dragons win and you extend your lead.

Saints

Above all else, you will not be secretly hoping for a Storm victory. I would assimilate this to havin sex with Molly Meldrum himself.

Don't do it to yourself.

Benny

First Grade
I've picked against the Dragons once in my life in 2003 - the Baby Dragons vs Broncos.

I went for the money and it backfired. My mother was in the same competition and actually picked the Dragons and was rewarded. I never have, nor ever will pick against the Dragons again.

I would prefer to lose by picking the Dragons, than win by picking against them.

Stick solid and while I pick the Dragons regardless, I also think we're going to win each and every week (this week is no different).

Minh

First Grade
I remember that game against the Warriors Tallis had spiders on him and even ran the length of the field try from memory.

Always bank on Red...er and White.

Pick the Dragons. Every one in my comp is going Storm, so I'll hopefully get a point up on them all. That is, of course, as long as the real Dragons turn up...

Mr Red

First Grade
play it safe and go the storm, everyone else will pick them so why give them an easy chance to pull points back on you.
pick the storm and still pray for a dragons win... that way its kinda win-win..

saint_girl

Juniors
You can pick the Storm, which will guarantee us a win and I will pick the Dragons so I can catch up on my sister who will probably pick the Storm. :)

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Ring Wayne first and ask him has he actualy given up on them or was he just telling the media a load of crap.....
My advice is back the Dragons.....

SilentAssassin

Juniors
I'm nearly in the exact same situation. Only I'm 3 games ahead.

I tipped the dragons. Guy coming second went for the Storm as most people did.

dragondad

First Grade
Greg Alexander and Laurie Daley picked us v Storm. Are they good judges? Time will tell.
Personally, I see no harm in picking opponents in tipping comps. We win, I'm happy. We lose, I get something out of the damage.

AJ_82

Juniors
Best tip if you are in front - tip what the masses are tipping. They can't catch you if they are tipping the same as you :)

to_ddeath

Coach
Go with your 5th non-dragons tip Cagey, we need anything to swing Friday night our way & every little bit helps LOL...

T.

Latest posts