What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what happens now

Tigerm

Coach
Sorry guys, I really haven't paid attention to what happens next week?

Obviously we move up & STI move down?

But can it be determined who we may be up up against next week, at this time or is it dependant on the rest of the results this weekend?

I guess what I am asking is, what are the best results for us?

Matchball

Bench
We get a week off and watch the outcome of next weeks matches.
Get Lawrence back for prelim and we should be set for the title.

If Melbourne, Manly and Brisbane all win, we play the Warriors in Sydney next week

If 1 of them loses, we play the one that loses in Sydney

If 2 or 3 of them lose, we get the week off.

Matchball

Bench
If Melbourne, Manly and Brisbane all win, we play the Warriors in Sydney next week

If 1 of them loses, we play the one that loses in Sydney

If 2 or 3 of them lose, we get the week off.

I really think Brisbane and Manly will lose tomorrow.
Warriors are hungry and playing for recognition and Manly are missing too many personnel so i think the Cowboys will sneak it in.
I think our team will be helped along to the Grand Final by underdogs knocking out the top tier teams.

No shame in that.:roll:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
What is everyones view on the possibility of having a week off?

I see it as good that Lawrence has more time to rest his hammy but I also see it as bad that we can lose momentum. We didn't need it last year but it is always good to see other teams beat the sh#t out of each other and run the risk of injuries.

I think we will most likely be up against the Warriors next week, they are very physical and can cause a few bruises!!!

Borat.

Juniors
We will play either Broncos or Warriors, don't fear either.

Its possible that we get Melbourne sudden death and the choke play the warriors sudden death ...

Or we get manly Sudden death and the Choke get the cowboys sudden death ......

Only need Melbourne or manly to lose....

What a f**king farce

Hoofhearted

Juniors
The sooner they get rid of this ridiculous finals system the better. I live in WA so get a closer look at the AFL system and it works brilliantly, every team knows where they stand from the start, no waiting around all weekend to see if you're still in. Carlton v Essendon tomorrow will get a massive crowd because they know its an elimination match.
In saying that, after last night I dont care who we play. If we keep that form up we can beat anyone.

meltiger

First Grade
AFL system rewards two losing teams with a double chance and a home final against teams that won their finals.

Our system is far superior for rewarding teams that WIN games.

"No waiting around to see if you are still in" - Easy solution, don't lose.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
No, the AFL system rewards the top 4 teams with a double chance and puts the bottom 4 teams into an elimination scenario right from the start. The top 4 teams earn the right for a home final on the second week, with our system you can finish 8th and get a home final the next week.

N.C.

Juniors
Finals week 2: If Melbourne win, we play New Zealand; if Melbourne lose, we play Melbourne. Either way we play in Sydney.

Finals week 3 (if we make it through): If we beat New Zealand, we'd play Melbourne in Melbourne. If we beat Melbourne, we'd play Brisbane in Brisbane.

Tough gig.

meltiger

First Grade
No, the AFL system rewards the top 4 teams with a double chance and puts the bottom 4 teams into an elimination scenario right from the start. The top 4 teams earn the right for a home final on the second week, with our system you can finish 8th and get a home final the next week.

What part of my post was "No"? lol

The AFL system DOES reward teams who lose finals with a double chance AND a home final. Whilst punishing the teams who win their finals.

The system we are using rewards teams who win finals.

One system rewards home and away performance (AFL), in a competition where everything isn't equal (everyone doesn't play each other twice), the other system (NRL) rewards the teams who show up and produce the goods in cut throat finals.

Frankly, if Newcastle come to Melbourne and defeat Melbourne, they deserve their home final. If Melbourne lose a home final to the 8th based team, they deserve to be punished.

We should be having this argument on the thread on the main board though :)

blacklock

Juniors
tigers will be playing melbourne next week :) *takes a screen shot of his crystal ball* should be an interesting game. it will be a sold out game no doubt.

westie

Bench
f**k, this is the toughest run we've ever had.

We'll have to play Dragons, Warriors, Melbourne and whoever in the GF, probably Bris or Manly. Last year really was our year...

Tigerm

Coach
f**k, this is the toughest run we've ever had.

We'll have to play Dragons, Warriors, Melbourne and whoever in the GF, probably Bris or Manly. Last year really was our year...
keep the faith, it will be a WTigers v Broncos GF - WT to win 23 to 16

Tiger05

First Grade
The Warriors were terrible - lets hope they keep that form up. Still every game is tough now.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
The Warriors were shocking last night and that worries me a bit. Either way, if we get the Warriors or Melbourne, they will both be coming off a loss and keen to step up.

I love watching Manu but it frightens me that he had such a shocker last night, hope if we get them next week he doesn't try to make amends...

The other thing I hope is we don't get Haynes and Maxwell as refs, they really are shocking. I think some of their decisions last night were crook and while it didn't affect the game, I don't want some dodgy decision to cost us.

Radical Rat

Juniors
The Warriors were shocking last night and that worries me a bit. Either way, if we get the Warriors or Melbourne, they will both be coming off a loss and keen to step up.

I love watching Manu but it frightens me that he had such a shocker last night, hope if we get them next week he doesn't try to make amends...

The other thing I hope is we don't get Haynes and Maxwell as refs, they really are shocking. I think some of their decisions last night were crook and while it didn't affect the game, I don't want some dodgy decision to cost us.

I hope Manu does turn up trying to make amends. Sometimes that harder that dude tries the more geniused he becomes.