What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, where are we going to finish in ‘22?

At least we will see how bad Madge has been, when he was left to his own devices. He having made the sum of it’s parts, a fraction of what we will see this year. Top 8?Fk yea!

There’s some truth in what you say.

They’ve done a lot to reduce his impact in many different ways.

He’s subservient to Tim
He’s got a say in recruitment, but no control
He’s got two new assistants
His profile has been reduced.
Players concerns addressed.

And ironically, if the team underperforms, he’s the one who is finished and any game after a fair go period could be his last, I’d say the ledger will be checked in round 9.

He accused Seibs of white-anting him at the Bunnies, so I’m sure he’s ears to the ground.

Interesting scenario. The team effort might work well. As you say WA, no reason to question it until the results come in.

Paps and Api will help, but there’s 28 other players to genuinely worry about, and either of these guys could do an acl or meet with misfortune at any time. I hope not.

A friend saw Blorey in the mall just before his injury and said he was looking big and potent. Big loss.

Forum heavyweight @Twizzle has a league view that each season is a fresh new chapter, capable of many surprises as it all unravels.
Nothing stays the same.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
I’ll be interested to see our style of play in the trials, both with and without the ball. Don’t care about the result, we won last years trial by 50 and we all know what happens from there
Yep, we didnt play the same game style once after that game. Offloads ,support and bodies in motion was the perfect recipe for the current 6 again top ball rules and we just stuck to 1965 predictable one out garbage :(

Trials are a bit dangerous for mine, we have too many in the hospital ward as it stands.

Just give the kids a run, they’ll soon be playing anyway the way things are going.

simmo1

First Grade
Honestly think the only thing that will stop us getting the spoon is if some other team manages to be more hopeless. I think we will get 5-6 wins max.

The way the team finished last year was pathetic and our best performed player managed to do his ACL.

The pressure will heap on Madge again the moment we string some losses together. He will be lucky to see out the season.

I just hope Hastings has a great season, so we can start with him an AD in the halves for 2023. Hopefully a few good signings to go with Paps and Api, and we might just see this club finally turn things around.

simmo1

First Grade
So it seems the answer to this thread is dead last. It's hard to imagine a worse season.

Absolutely nothing went right for us on the field, bar the two consecutive (lucky) field goal wins v Souths and Parra.

We sack a coach we resigned 6 months earlier and replace him with a guy who we sacked 10 years ago. There is absolutely no leadership or direction within the club. How do Pascoe and Herpaderpalis keep their jobs?

Zero promising young talent debuting throughout the year. Pole and Brown were solid, but are whole hearted toilers rather than high ceiling players we really need right now.

Recruitment has been pretty mixed. Peachey and Toa are bog average. Naden is a big, dumb winger who makes some big, dumb mistakes, but at least looks a little likely at creating something with the ball. It will be fun watching him and Talau let in 3 tries a game next year going for intercepts instead of tackling. Hastings has been mostly good, but the club doesn't seem to know his best position. Api will be a fantastic signing next year, however Papali'i is giving off massive Adam Blair vibes.

Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of improvement for next season. It is very worrying that the vast majority of player's form went backwards or were injured this year.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I am deeply concerned about the future of this club. We are going from bad to worse to disastrous. They say once you hit rock bottom there is only one way to go and that's up. I'm worried that the hole we are digging is getting so deep there will be no way out.
If we don't sign an absolute minimum of two more quality players for next year another spoon is on the way.
To say we won't pay overs in nonsense. We are already paying overs even for the players on minimum wages. There is no way our squad is worth 3/4s of the allotted salary cap and that's being generous.

Fordy20

Juniors
I am convinced the majority of the games we won or made a brief comeback in was because the opposition was over confident and not playing to their best ability.
Last year even bog average teams were light years ahead of us.
I'm tipping 16th for us. Bottom 4 for sure.
Congratulations! You were dead right.

BrotherJim05

Bench
So it seems the answer to this thread is dead last. It's hard to imagine a worse season.

Absolutely nothing went right for us on the field, bar the two consecutive (lucky) field goal wins v Souths and Parra.

We sack a coach we resigned 6 months earlier and replace him with a guy who we sacked 10 years ago. There is absolutely no leadership or direction within the club. How do Pascoe and Herpaderpalis keep their jobs?

Zero promising young talent debuting throughout the year. Pole and Brown were solid, but are whole hearted toilers rather than high ceiling players we really need right now.

Recruitment has been pretty mixed. Peachey and Toa are bog average. Naden is a big, dumb winger who makes some big, dumb mistakes, but at least looks a little likely at creating something with the ball. It will be fun watching him and Talau let in 3 tries a game next year going for intercepts instead of tackling. Hastings has been mostly good, but the club doesn't seem to know his best position. Api will be a fantastic signing next year, however Papali'i is giving off massive Adam Blair vibes.

Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of improvement for next season. It is very worrying that the vast majority of player's form went backwards or were injured this year.
I burst out laughing at Herpaderpalis