What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who are we chasing for 2007

Jimbo

Immortal
blacktip-reefy said:
Oh so the board are to blame for Anderson f*cking up & going off his mind huh? The guy had gone insane & you wanted to keep him around for another 5 years, as his contract stated!!!!!

FFS please never run for managment of the club or board!!!

Are you happy with the way the Board conducted themselves in 2003?

There is no doubt the crap happening off the field affected the team's performance on it

The Board has to take respoonsibility for that

You will be wrong again & I will be right again.

Well you've been wrong quite a few times recently (Parramatta, 40/20s, players on $4 million per year, etc)

As you say though, time will tell

the Noddy issue is a big one & certainly hope the club are in a position to change him next year, because he aint value at the moment, let alone for another 4!!!

In your opinion

365 days to plan for succession or wave good bye to a premiership until at earliest, 2011!!
I am sure Popper is happy to hear that.

:blahb:

You're really starting to sound like Kim Beazley...

Preston is gone mate. He's not coming back

Get over it

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
So you think the board, the current one, who managed to keep a sponsor on board who was all but gone because of Ando Gate, were responsible for the teams performance in 03?
Ok , so they were responsible for the result in 02 as well I guess.
Maybe with a better half back, the board would have been more succesful in 02. After all, they lost the half back they wanted & had another one thrust upon them that year didnt they?
As for players on 4 million per year, you can do better than that.
I concede on parramatta.
kimmorleys 40/20 rate is abysmal. Be it 1, 2,3,4,5 or 6.

PJ

First Grade
Oh so the board are to blame for Anderson f*cking up & going off his mind huh? The guy had gone insane & you wanted to keep him around for another 5 years, as his contract stated!!!!!

Of course they are, they are the ones who hunted Ando and agreed to the very generous contract terms. THis was all done with full knowledge that he is a very prickly character.

And wether they had to get rid of him or not the way they had perpetual leaks to the press was nothing short of amatuerish and pathetic.

Jimbo

Immortal
blacktip-reefy said:
So you think the board, the current one, who managed to keep a sponsor on board who was all but gone because of Ando Gate, were responsible for the teams performance in 03?

They certainly didn't help

I'm not sure how they managed to hold on to the sponsor, but I'm sure begging was involved

Let's not forget it's the same Board who signed Anderson in the first place...

Ok , so they were responsible for the result in 02 as well I guess.
Maybe with a better half back, the board would have been more succesful in 02. After all, they lost the half back they wanted & had another one thrust upon them that year didnt they?

I thought our performance was pretty good in 2002. A record winning streak, a record win over the defending premiers, and with our first choice front row on deck we would have made the Grand Final. Thanks largely to Kimmorley

Notwithstanding your preferred halfback having the sh*ts because he didn't want to be a hooker

As for players on 4 million per year, you can do better than that.
I concede on parramatta.

It was your call, not mine

kimmorleys 40/20 rate is abysmal. Be it 1, 2,3,4,5 or 6.

Your recollection of ststistics is pretty abysmal too

Bias can do that...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
As far as I know, he is on his way to the titans for a few years?
Imagine if their unknown quantities shock the system up with Presto at half!!!!
FMFF wouldnt there be some red faces around here!!!

The Dodger

First Grade
i have to admit the signings that titans have been making, they look like they will be a very strong side.

Inferno

Coach
Only problem they are having is pissing off a lot of Gold Coasters because there are barely using any Gold Coasters or QLD cup players.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Benji didnt want in, and the rest may have to filter in as the etablished players retire. AT least 2 of the starting team will be pensioned off in 2-3 years. The locals would like to see a strong team first up and that is hard to do with too many rookies.

The junior nursery is there and they seem to have a good feeder system in place from all reports. With in 3- 5 years, I reckon you will probably see a few locals holding down first grade spots.