What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who is our halfback (and forwards) now????

Tongue , he looked Ok when playing there today , Im not sure young Picker is ready , Matt Smith maybe a option , Waddell maybe , Buttriss?
I dont know , Id say Tongue.

Timbo

Staff member
Front row will be Tilse and Logan to start, with Thurling and Miller off the bench as interchange...

Next weeks side should look something like this I think:

1-D.Milne
2-B.Kelly
3-J.Monaghan
4-C.Best
5-A.Purtell
6-T.Campese
7-G.Buttriss
8-D.Tilse
9-R.Hinchcliffe
10-S.Logan
11-M.Chalk
12-J.Picker
13-A.Tongue

14-T.Thurling
15-J.Miller
16-N.Plum
17-N.Costigan
18-B.Jones

If Hinchcliffe isn't fit, it's Tongue to hooker, Picker to lock, Thurling to start and Jones onto the bench.

I think that's our total compliment of fit players.

Freddo

Juniors
how bout an idea totally out of left field

Josh Dugan at halfback

and either givin a guy like fenson or joel thompson a crack.

theres 2 games left before the finals.

what a better time to blood some players

RaiderRhino

Juniors
As much as players must hate comming off the bench. There's no one better than the Miller-Thurling duo smashing them up. Add Logan and Costus to the mix and its a pretty good bench. If Tonguie starts at half which he may, I'd rather start with Ben Jones and leave the bench as it is.His still a good solid player and wont let us down in the 1st 20 minutes.

edabomb

First Grade
I think I'd go with whoever has the best kicking game. We will be in a bit of trouble if Campo is our only long kick option coming into the finals.

Timbo

Staff member
There's a bloke living on the Gold Coast,fit now we're paying him Zilly-why not?

Is he fit? I was under the impression his knee would not be up to contact till well after the season ended.

He's still ours till the end of the season, even if he's already packed up and left Canberra...

shear_joy9

Coach
i'd prefer zillman stayed away even if was fit and ready.

he's shown his cards and where his priorities lie

Timbo

Staff member
i'd prefer zillman stayed away even if was fit and ready.

he's shown his cards and where his priorities lie

Ideally, so would I. But we are well and truly at the bottom of the barrel. We have 17 fit players in the squad, total! No halfback at all and only two props...

Beggars can't be choosers.

shear_joy9

Coach
Ideally, so would I. But we are well and truly at the bottom of the barrel. We have 17 fit players in the squad, total! No halfback at all and only two props...

Beggars can't be choosers.

that's true, but where would you put him? (if he'd come back at all)

- you couldn't play him at half as he's not experienced enough, so would be no better than one of the u20's

- you could play him/have as back-up for the backline, but again, one of the u20's could easily slot in there.

I'd only have him back to put in training for logan and co. to run at. (abit harsh I know, but I am filthy at him for leaving)

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
One out of left field, what about Bronx Goodwin at halfback??? Can't see any point in not playing him. Sure he may be found guilty and ultimately sacked by the club but that doesn't come up until the end of the season and I don't think the Raiders will lose any face by doing it.

Chachi

Bench
Zillman is a prick. Was my fave player but he can get stuffed.

Buttriss will fill Herbies boots if Hinchy is fit and available, or Waddell to 9 (given he's already trained with the top squad). Otherwise Withers may be ready for a comeback.

Sydney_Raider, you've got to be kidding about Goodwin. He struggles to make his tackles on the wing, let alone defending 3 in. In any case he does not deserve to ride the team into the finals. Leave the big games to the real men.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Zillman is a prick. Was my fave player but he can get stuffed.

Buttriss will fill Herbies boots if Hinchy is fit and available, or Waddell to 9 (given he's already trained with the top squad). Otherwise Withers may be ready for a comeback.

Sydney_Raider, you've got to be kidding about Goodwin. He struggles to make his tackles on the wing, let alone defending 3 in. In any case he does not deserve to ride the team into the finals. Leave the big games to the real men.

Just thinking that we are not in a position to omit a player who is fit and has NRL experience. I think he could be dangerous backing up in the middle of the field. Under normal circumstances (more players available) I wouldn't consider him. I don't think his defence is any worse than Zillman, Carney and Dobson.

schnitzel

Juniors
Letting Dobson go looks clever now... dunces cap for Furner.

Why couldn't young picker handle NRL? Look at Pearce, Sandow, Rankin, Barba... all under 20.

Timbo

Staff member
Dobson had a good head on his shoulders, and geled well with Campese.

I think Picker is the right choice, but I see Henry going with Buttriss. Henry hasn't gotten wrong many this season, so I'll give him the benifit of the doubt.

I warming to Buttriss been in 7 , keeping Tongue to 9.
Josh Dugan wouldnt be a bad choice either , a bit radical , but his defence is good and has good hands, all he has to do his link up with campo.

Latest posts