What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who is Schwarzer going to join ?

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Stats don't mean a whole lot just cause Schwarzer has better stats last year than van der Saar or Cech does that mean he is better? no

Like I said he is good and has flashes of brilliance but is far too inconsistant to ever be a top goalkeeper, a great example is the 2nd leg against Uruguay when he dropped a sitter right in front of his goal and Uruguay almost scored in the first 10 minutes, if they had we would all be cursing him but he didn't and went on to become Australia's hero.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Looks like Portsmouth have pulled out of the race to much $$$ asking price apperantly, they are now after Robert Green goal keeper for Norwich

BlindMan

Juniors
yeh i dont blame them, Robert Green is 10x better than Schwarzer, and is an up and coming talent, schwarzer makes to many mistakes and lets to many goals in.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Jackal Dog said:
Stats don't mean a whole lot just cause Schwarzer has better stats last year than van der Saar or Cech does that mean he is better? no
You are right, better stats don't mean he is better. However, you can't simply dismiss them because they are stats. They are just one facet of it all. Stats are quantitative rather than qualitative meaning that they simply give the numbers but don't really describe anything. A keeper who made all saves that he needed to might have done so because they were hit straight at him. Conversely, he might have made 10 out of 10 brilliant saves.

Furthermore, a keeper doesn't just directly defend the goal. He does it also by ensuring that the players ahead of him don't let the ball get so far down that he has to become involved.

Jackal Dog said:
Like I said he is good and has flashes of brilliance but is far too inconsistant to ever be a top goalkeeper, a great example is the 2nd leg against Uruguay when he dropped a sitter right in front of his goal and Uruguay almost scored in the first 10 minutes, if they had we would all be cursing him but he didn't and went on to become Australia's hero.
If you are talking about the free kick that bounced off his chest, you can hardly blame him for that one as he was still setting his wall I believe.

Latest posts