What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so whos the best defensive coach out there?

Jiffy

Juniors
ok Ive been struggling (as with most people) with the defence and looking through some of the other threads there are a number of suggestions, I have tried to come away from the "button bashing" and think about it but still need some refinement in my technique because against the good sides I am conceding a lot of points on Seasoned level.

So where are the Ricky Stuarts of the RL game???

lets hear your expert analysis, having had the game for a few weeks now, on how to shut out the defence

Jack_The_Viking

Juniors
I don't really know any techniques but make sure you always select a player 10 yards back. Do not get stuck with the marker. Also anticipate which way the opponent is going to pass. I usually drive the CPU (on legend) back when doing this but occasionaly lose yards because of giving away penalties.

P.J.

Juniors
Same here. Try and stay as a player back the 10, if you change player, it goes to the marker most of the time, and you can't change from marker easily.

The opposition usually goes to the open side of the ruck, but can, when close to the sideline, repeatedly go to the blind side. So be ready, and aggressive tackle the mother into touch and get the ball back.

I'm usually one player either side of the ruck, and turbo in as soon as the ball clears the ruck. Penalties can be avoided by waiting until the dummy half moves before running.

TripleM

Juniors
Nah I never do aggressive tackles on your own line, for that exact reason, it even says that in the manual. I only do them near the sideline, that way if you actually do a good tackle you'll get an advantage out of pulling them over the sideline..

In-goal

Bench
just need to get the timings right and try and hit them front on as this generaly stops the play.

Try and avoid giving the other side a roll on as once they get a sniff it's harder to contain them.

Avoid using agressive tackles unless you are desperate for a hand over as they generaly result in a spear or high shot costing you a sin binned player.

Le Rouge

Juniors
on ps2

I use an in your face technique for defence.
u gotta be quick changing players (square) rush in and tackle soon after (circle).
keep the full back for backup i never control the No1 in defence unless i have to

i mostly use normal tackle then while wrestling keep tappin x (sprint) to put em on the ground (u gotta be in control of the tackler), it slows the play the ball up stopping offsides and stops em offloading.

do this with most tackles on ledgend and league god also with good attack and u will most likely win and keep the opposing scores low

Petebix

Juniors
put players with a high rating for tackle in your team. a player with an 8 is going to be a better tackler than a player with 3. Make sure your forwards and fullback especially have a high rating for tackle. Might I suggest Graig Greenhill and Paul Wellens just to name a couple.

Latest posts