What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer/Football General Discussion and Views

Mong

Post Whore
Don’t worry about Nick, he’s alright, just highly strung.

How do you define the big in big club? The landscape is changing there a bit with the traditional big 4 no longer being the norm.

That aside, I can’t imagine following or supporting any club other than West Ham hence my initial question, I find the concept a bit odd but that’s just how I view it.

saint.nick

Coach

How do you define the big in big club? The landscape is changing there a bit with the traditional big 4 no longer being the norm.

That aside, I can’t imagine following or supporting any club other than West Ham hence my initial question, I find the concept a bit odd but that’s just how I view it.
You've always been incredibly preoccupied with my personality and opinions

Mong

Post Whore
Sure, let's start with your favourite topics: saint.nick's hate of Ramos and Man City.

West Ham is my favourite topic. I've already been subjected to your Ramos and Man City ramblings so I don't need to here them again, sorry.

What's your thoughts on supporting multiple teams in the same league? Do you do similar or is it just strictly Liverpool for you?

The EPL table is good reading this morning, well, 4th spot is :)

saint.nick

Coach
West Ham is my favourite topic. I've already been subjected to your Ramos and Man City ramblings so I don't need to here them again, sorry.

What's your thoughts on supporting multiple teams in the same league? Do you do similar or is it just strictly Liverpool for you?

The EPL table is good reading this morning, well, 4th spot is :)
I cant even bring myself to follow an a league team so it's liverpool till death do us apart, however finishing 5th might change that

Mong

Post Whore
I cant even bring myself to follow an a league team so it's liverpool till death do us apart, however finishing 5th might change that

I follow an A League and a NPL team here, it's good to have something local to go to see and to support, although the Roar are only playing out of Redcliffe this season which is far from local.. Also have a favourite under 9's team, as coach I have to say that.

I don't support any other team in other leagues around the world though. If it's not West Ham I don't particularly care.

saint.nick

Coach
I follow an A League and a NPL team here, it's good to have something local to go to see and to support, although the Roar are only playing out of Redcliffe this season which is far from local.. Also have a favourite under 9's team, as coach I have to say that.

I don't support any other team in other leagues around the world though. If it's not West Ham I don't particularly care.
Well I do keep tabs on the liverpool under 9s too.

It's strange to see West Ham finally have some backbone and fight

Mong

Post Whore
Well I do keep tabs on the liverpool under 9s too.

It's strange to see West Ham finally have some backbone and fight

Long may it continue... it won't, but it's nice to see them winning consecutive games and toughing out situations they would usually lose in. Moyes showed with Everton he knows how to get such clubs performing, more than happy to have him at West Ham even though the owners embarrassed themselves in relation to him.

saint.nick

Coach
Long may it continue... it won't, but it's nice to see them winning consecutive games and toughing out situations they would usually lose in. Moyes showed with Everton he knows how to get such clubs performing, more than happy to have him at West Ham even though the owners embarrassed themselves in relation to him.
Whats your thoughts on Declan Rice? I have no idea if he's a genuine prospect or another overhyped pom but only because I don't watch enough of him

Mong

Post Whore
Whats your thoughts on Declan Rice? I have no idea if he's a genuine prospect or another overhyped pom but only because I don't watch enough of him

He is quality. His stats reflect that.

He can potentially be captain of the club his entire career from here and a player they can build a team around if he stays.

No worries, all good!

I found it hard to closely follow any one club. I am only interested in English and Australian football, as well as other codes of sport (mainly rugby league, not surprisingly). So, apart from Sydney FC, I do like West Bromwich Albion (because of their colours), but I also like certain 'bigger' clubs ('big' is defined by their ability to stay in the top flight). Therefore, Spurs, Everton, Leicester and Palace appeal (only). I also 'like' some smaller clubs in the lower divisions. If WBA is not a regular member of the Premier League, and I get to go over again in the not too distant future, I would go and watch one of the above four teams in the EPL (to get that all important big time game experience) as well as a match at The Hawthorns, of course.

I know the above sounds a bit indecisive but, if I was put on the spot and asked who do I support, I would stick solidly with WBA.

saint.nick

Coach
Can't wrap my head around this idea that Thiago is problematic, as if his patient and imaginative play is responsible for everyone else's low confidence and energy. He doesn't dawdle on the ball, he is always looking for a pass that creates an attacking opportunity. They rely far too much upon Henderson's thrust and energy in the midfield. If Liverpool can't work with an imaginative world class midfielder then that's a Liverpool problem and not a Thiago problem.

The rot started way back just before covid came along. People laughed off the mediocre form after the title as the players just being drunk and not giving a shit, but deep down I knew there was something wrong, like something had gone stale. I'm thinking that maybe the game plan around Trent's and Robbo's creativity has already seen its best days. Pep's game plan saw its best days until last season, and now they're flying high again after he made some changes. I always criticised Pep for not changing his blueprint, but good on him for sticking around and doing it because its got them back to where they are now.

You don't buy Thiago so that you keep persisting with TAA and Robbo as your main creative outlets.

saint.nick

Coach
Klopp Out?
They were truly feeling sorry for themselves last night.

Just bad. Bad bad bad.

I'm really questioning what the logic of recruiting Kabak and Davies even was. They were emergency recruits to rescue a title chase hanging by a thread, yet they've missed two games and the title race is already over before they've even played

DejR6uTRnHDHJNEP9SThtA-320-80.jpg
The King

saint.nick

Coach
Even I had been growing impatient of Klopp's interview demeanour, but most people will agree that the death of his mother and his inability to attend her funeral explains everything.

All these United fans have been quick to accuse Klopp of 'letting his mask slip' - one highly followed fan even called him a sociopath. The funny irony is that Fergie once banned the BBC for 7 years because he didn't like their questions.