What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solomon Alaimalo

Nutz

Bench
In the article he says that he's encouraged to run through the opposition and not around them.
It appears that Benji might be looking at a more direct style of play by investing in big bodied outside backs like Solomon, Olam and Lobb.

Brian potter

Bench
In the article he says that he's encouraged to run through the opposition and not around them.
It appears that Benji might be looking at a more direct style of play by investing in big bodied outside backs like Solomon, Olam and Lobb.

Will be interesting to see how he goes.

hopefully he’ll be a success like will warbrick at the storm.

Nutz

Bench
Will be interesting to see how he goes.

hopefully he’ll be a success like will warbrick at the storm.
It's a pity he's not playing in the first trial. Traditionally the second trial reflects more of what the NRL line up is going to be.
He simply might not be ready yet as the article says, he's literally only played one game of league in his life.

Brian potter

Bench
It's a pity he's not playing in the first trial. Traditionally the second trial reflects more of what the NRL line up is going to be.
He simply might not be ready yet as the article says, he's literally only played one game of league in his life.
it’s a funny one as you’d normally expect a player to spend a year playing in the NSW cup learning the ropes but considering he’s 28 I can maybe see him getting game time this season if he’s impressing in training and the trials and early games in the NSW cup.

Nutz

Bench
it’s a funny one as you’d normally expect a player to spend a year playing in the NSW cup learning the ropes but considering he’s 28 I can maybe see him getting game time this season if he’s impressing in training and the trials and early games in the NSW cup.
I think he came in as depth before the Olam deal was done. Solomon is only signed for this year.

Das Hassler

Bench
He looks the part for sure.

like you say I hope he makes it in the NRL and more union players on the fringes of NZ super rugby teams and the NPC competition give the NRL a shot.

also potentially another body for Samoa international team to pick from.

Boy....this has sure cheered my day up! Thanks !

Plus he's 28 I think. He's a lot closer to the end of his career than the start. Good luck to him though. It's a step in the right direction to the type of wingers we need to get in the team.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Didn’t have a great game, Broncos exploited that side of the field a bit

I thought he went ok, when there’s an overlap it’s very rarely the wingers fault, usually something’s happened further infield.

would be nice if we utilized his height, we put up one bomb all game and it was for Charlie Staines in Corey Oates FFS

Tigerm

First Grade
Didn’t have a great game, Broncos exploited that side of the field a bit
TBF, that was his debut game and probably hasn’t played RL until this year, not a great game to debut in, but he went OK, imo. He didn’t cost us the game. He can only get better?
Though that said, I’m still keen to see Lobb get a run as well, tall timber is all the rage atm.

Last edited:
TBF, that was his debut game and probably hasn’t played RL until this year, not a great game to debut in, but he went OK, imo. He didn’t cost us the game. He can only get better?
Though that said, I’m still keen to see Lobb get a run as well, tall timber is all the rage atm.
It'll be interesting to see what they do here. If you're going to select players from reggies they need to give them a chance, and by that I don't mean 1 game. If it's an injury cover selection, give them until the injured player gets back. If it's a merit selection or a 1st grader has been dropped give them at least 5 games to show what they can do.

I often think that modern day teams don't show enough patience with debutants or stick with players enough to see exactly what they can and can't do. Often to their detriment as the player will later catch fire at another club.

Remember when Shane Warne started playing for Australia it wasn't until his 9th test that he started dominating. After that he was off to the races and the rest is history. That was in the early 90's. Today he probably would have been dropped after his 1st game, destroying his confidence, and we may never have seen him again, missing out on one of the greatest cricketers ever.

Wizardman

First Grade
It'll be interesting to see what they do here. If you're going to select players from reggies they need to give them a chance, and by that I don't mean 1 game. If it's an injury cover selection, give them until the injured player gets back. If it's a merit selection or a 1st grader has been dropped give them at least 5 games to show what they can do.

I often think that modern day teams don't show enough patience with debutants or stick with players enough to see exactly what they can and can't do. Often to their detriment as the player will later catch fire at another club.

Remember when Shane Warne started playing for Australia it wasn't until his 9th test that he started dominating. After that he was off to the races and the rest is history. That was in the early 90's. Today he probably would have been dropped after his 1st game, destroying his confidence, and we may never have seen him again, missing out on one of the greatest cricketers ever.
Alaimalo is raw as.....but given our injury situation and very low depth in that position, is certainly worth a shot at this stage......but not at the expense of dropping Staines (whom I don't rate as a first grader bur better than Alaimalo atm) or Junior (our best in that position).

Latest posts