What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solomona!

The Clan

Juniors
How good has Solo been throughout the Tri Nations!

for a bloke who was written off by many he has developed immensley since joining the Wakefield Trinity Club.

His contribution to New Zealand has been outstanding and announces him as a permanent fixture in the next few International Series.

Skinner

Coach
On the basis that he is an ex Warrior, I left it in the Warriors Forum. Can someone
advise who moved it.

Thanks
Skinner

1stNov2000

Juniors
He didn't. He was only a junior there. Didn't he go to Canberra after that before getting picked up by the Roosters?

Iafeta

Referee
He was a Warriors colt from recollection.

Clan, I agree, David Solomona looked awesome. Towards the end of his Parra career, and in particular the 2002 Kiwis tour I wrote the bloke off as a reckless has been. Now, I reckon he'd find a place in most NRL backrows no troubles at all. Looked to be at the top of his game.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Look, I've got to be honest here. During the Tri-Nations final, I was worrying about what would happen once Solo eventually got off the bench. He's still one of those players who makes you extremely nervous every time he carts the ball up, and he came up with at least one error from his risky offloads.

When he's got it right, he's unstoppable. I just think he needs to be a LOT more selective about his offloading, then he'll be sweet.

1stNov2000

Juniors
LeagueNut said:
Look, I've got to be honest here. During the Tri-Nations final, I was worrying about what would happen once Solo eventually got off the bench. He's still one of those players who makes you extremely nervous every time he carts the ball up, and he came up with at least one error from his risky offloads.

When he's got it right, he's unstoppable. I just think he needs to be a LOT more selective about his offloading, then he'll be sweet.

Luckily we were twentysomething-nil up when Solo let that crazy one go.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Yeah, exactly. But with a closer scoreline, things like that can be devastating. And it seems that Solo doesn't consider the scoreline when chancing his arm.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Skinner said:
David played for the Warriors when they had a Reserve Grade playing........

Ah well, still more appropriate in this forum I reckon as most people know him from his exploits with other clubs or the kiwis.

bartman

Immortal
Solomona absolutely caned GB in the opening clash at London. That first 20 minutes was amazing!

I have to say he definitely saved his best for the big games, he hasn't been effective for Wakey this season compared to the season before. By the time he came on in the final the game was over, and he was probably more relxaed about trying to create than he would have been in a pressure situation. Still seemed extremely hard for the Aussies to put down.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Excellent player imo. Amazingly strong and hard to pull down. The offload you are all complaining about hit Lauiti'iti on the chest and should have been caught.

ozboy

Juniors
Solomona is too lazy to survive in the NRL.

Saying that he does have the talent.

Anybody can look good in the ESL.