What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some figures that might be of interest!!

Tigerpete

Juniors
Thats it Riff, its a battle and its one thats hard to win, Yeah we might win it and we should try to do so, what i said above is something i think that will eventually happen, i dont think its something we need to do now or next season or even 2-3 years down the track, pretty much its the last resort, i wish i didnt have to say it but thats the way i call it.

RifRaf

Juniors
R2K got them back to Kograh after all was lost... We're still there at least and will continue to be!!!!!

Tigerpete

Juniors
Very true, i really hope we can stay as things are now, i wouldnt want us to leave Liechhardt unless it was the last choice. I think it ultimately will depend on weather Wests Tigers are willing to to keep things are they are. One day they might feel the need to cetralise things, One home ground, one PL team for the sake of finances.

Sincas

Juniors
Tigerpete, did you not read the post that started this thread. It was from Campbelltown. The costs and income at Leichhardt are pretty much the same. Neither ground is profitable but we need to know figures.

yes but cause they are hiring all the eqpt it will be used as a tax right off so there for what they are saying it is costing them is probly right but after the right it off for tax it probly costing them crap

RifRaf

Juniors
They say they need the $ but they are not trying to create any new revenue streams! They haven't even tried to get a membership drive happening.. We had 150 West Tigers members in 2003 we have 400 in 2004 (not because of promotion just because we're doing better). With the threat of the pokie tax etc you'd think they'd take the hint from the afl clubs (main support member drives) and clubs like saints (doing big red v membership drives you see the bumper stickers everywhere). They haven't even tried!! Don't think they are preparing themselves for the pokie tax etc they're not! Don't think this is good management! This is someone turning up saying we'll give you $ they say ok.. End of story.. No strategy, no planning, no consideration of the fans of Leichhardt or cambo, just dumb luck! They don't give a damn about the fans! Forum? Emails that are negative? No response or lip service in hope you'll stop hassling and go away.
The forum is so symbolic! We win the world 7's! It crashes constantly cause it can't handle the strain, we get the $ for the win! The forum is where the most die hard of die hard fans go.. Do they fix it? No they take it off the air promising it will be back... 1 month: people email "just trying to work out what the best option is it will be back is the reply" 2 months ditto 3 months ditto 4 months ditto 5 months ditto 6 months " there was some people who were exploiting and using the forum in an inapproprate manner etc." BULLCR@P it was the best run cleanest forum out there!!! They just don't give a stuff!!
Don't give me the "it cost us 40,000 to have a night game" it not true! I know! They claim it costs 15,000 for a screen... I have worked for the screen company they get them from and know the boss personally he tells me they charge 8000 (with no reason to lie). So either the tigers have bartered themselves a very bad deal or NOT TRUE! Inflated numbers to try and justify the move! I know that as fact so there's a 7000 difference on the screen... I don't know about the lights but you can bet it's a similar 40% inflation! (don't worry I'll find out)....
However while still on the screen... Part of the NRL grant to clubs is for the screen. Because after SL everyone had to have a screen. They don't pay for it! They are being like a kid who borrows money off his mum for school books but wants to spend it on lollies...
We are a poorly managed club... We always thought this, then Sheens came along and things started to look better. This was because of him not the management. Lets remeber hiring sheens was not a master stroke by the club! He was ignored for the first month or so while we looked for a coach... Millsy, Bellamy, GOULD!, freeman.... Last resort was Sheens not even mentioned in the first month!!
Wests fans and Tigers unite!!!!!

Stellar

Juniors
The Eastern Grandstand at Campbelltown stadium is good but the Western Grandstand is very outdated and needs to be replaced. Thats about all that is clearly wrong with the ground cant really see what else is wrong and causing us to lose money by playing there. The club must have made a profit from friday nights game.

teecee

Juniors
It cost $30 000 for the lights for a night game? That only makes it good for television. They must foot the bill.

Gobbso

Juniors
Stellar said:
The Eastern Grandstand at Campbelltown stadium is good but the Western Grandstand is very outdated and needs to be replaced. Thats about all that is clearly wrong with the ground cant really see what else is wrong and causing us to lose money by playing there. The club must have made a profit from friday nights game.

The Western Stand needs a face lift. Extending it, upgrade the commentary and corporate facilities as well as lighting.

The Eastern Stands needs another level of seating in my opinion. Mini grantstand seating should be erected at either end of the corporate boxes, directly above the amenities, with a roof on top of both.

New lighting is a must for Campbelltown. Four big mutha's at every corner of the ground like Parramatta Stadium would do the trick. If i was Wests Tigers, i'd be trying to urge Campbelltown Council into trying to meet and implement this ASAP.

TIGERPies

Juniors
RifRaf said:
They say they need the $ but they are not trying to create any new revenue streams! They haven't even tried to get a membership drive happening.. We had 150 West Tigers members in 2003 we have 400 in 2004 (not because of promotion just because we're doing better). With the threat of the pokie tax etc you'd think they'd take the hint from the afl clubs (main support member drives) and clubs like saints (doing big red v membership drives you see the bumper stickers everywhere). They haven't even tried!! Don't think they are preparing themselves for the pokie tax etc they're not! Don't think this is good management! This is someone turning up saying we'll give you $ they say ok.. End of story.. No strategy, no planning, no consideration of the fans of Leichhardt or cambo, just dumb luck! They don't give a damn about the fans! Forum? Emails that are negative? No response or lip service in hope you'll stop hassling and go away.
The forum is so symbolic! We win the world 7's! It crashes constantly cause it can't handle the strain, we get the $ for the win! The forum is where the most die hard of die hard fans go.. Do they fix it? No they take it off the air promising it will be back... 1 month: people email "just trying to work out what the best option is it will be back is the reply" 2 months ditto 3 months ditto 4 months ditto 5 months ditto 6 months " there was some people who were exploiting and using the forum in an inapproprate manner etc." BULLCR@P it was the best run cleanest forum out there!!! They just don't give a stuff!!
Don't give me the "it cost us 40,000 to have a night game" it not true! I know! They claim it costs 15,000 for a screen... I have worked for the screen company they get them from and know the boss personally he tells me they charge 8000 (with no reason to lie). So either the tigers have bartered themselves a very bad deal or NOT TRUE! Inflated numbers to try and justify the move! I know that as fact so there's a 7000 difference on the screen... I don't know about the lights but you can bet it's a similar 40% inflation! (don't worry I'll find out)....
However while still on the screen... Part of the NRL grant to clubs is for the screen. Because after SL everyone had to have a screen. They don't pay for it! They are being like a kid who borrows money off his mum for school books but wants to spend it on lollies...
We are a poorly managed club... We always thought this, then Sheens came along and things started to look better. This was because of him not the management. Lets remeber hiring sheens was not a master stroke by the club! He was ignored for the first month or so while we looked for a coach... Millsy, Bellamy, GOULD!, freeman.... Last resort was Sheens not even mentioned in the first month!!
Wests fans and Tigers unite!!!!!

just on the forum most clubs ditched them coz hadley kicked up a stink about the forums and there lack of constructive criticism, a while ago Gallop was called coz he was insulted and claimed if the forum wasnt shut down (the warriors) blah blah blah

anyway soon after the tiger forum went with most others, some may be back, but the tigers is still out

needs to be fixed

RifRaf

Juniors
No! This was way after all that! Many clubs still have forums going. And it still doesn't justify giving us lip service then changing your story. We KNOW it was pulled down due to technical issues NOT political..

HappyTiger

Juniors
Its really starting to hit home just how poorly this club appears to be run.If we are to move forward then we need people who are capable of taking us forward and to me the current board just doesnt seem to want to move forward.