What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some info on the game

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Hey all, got a little info for you on a couple of points in the game.
Kicking: You may have heard the kicking system described as "matrix" style on another board and yes, there is an element of this. The kicking system is very easy to get a basic grasp of and harder to get good at. I am yet to master any of the kicks but have been getting some good results with them. What happens is that you select your kick using the movement and kick keys/buttons and then the gameplay slows down matrix style and the camera relocates itself to give you the best view. You then aim your kick and apply distance and then let go of the kick key. It sounds easy and it is but it's much harder to get them landing like Johns or Lockyer does. :)
Commentary: You all know Vossy is the man with the commentary duties and he does a great job. There are the standard calls you would expect from him and also some funny stuff and incidental comments. I cant say too much but the calling has multiple triggers and multiple versions describing similar incidents so it doesnt get too repetitive.

Anyway, thats all for now folks, maybe I can slip you guys a brand spankin new screenie in the next week. Who knows :)

Dogs Of War

Coach
So what happens in 2 player mode, it can confusing enough in defense let alone have the whole view rotate so you got no idea what's going on?
Have you had much experience in head-to-head play? Give us a run down on this (as this is what I want to play mostly, 1 player games are just to fine tuning)

Dogs Of War

Coach
As far as the screen goes, give us one of these matrix kicking one's, maybe sherwin puttin' a grubber through to hazem under the posts.

Mario

Juniors
Vodka won't be releasing a new screen, but new official screenshots will be released soon.

sheep

Juniors
Mario said:
Vodka won't be releasing a new screen, but new official screenshots will be released soon.

How soon Muzza? I'll give you a whole shiny penny if you tell me :shock: !

Paullyboy

Coach
Crippler said:
matrix style kicking makes this game sound like an Arcade game like Fifa :(

I think its a great idea, there are so many games where there are some great options for your players to do but you just simply dont have enough time to pull them off, I think its a great idea.

Latest posts