What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Question i wrote to mario and his replies.

Here is a PM i sent to mario. By the way thanx mario for replying so quikly. Anyway it seems like they arent letting out much as u will see as u read it. They arent allowed to "speculate" on what might be in the game or an approximate period of when it will be released.

roostersalltheway wrote:
1- I recently read in a thread that if there is going to be a sequal to the game it will be announced sometime next year. Can u confirm this?

No.

Quote:
2-If this is true does this mean use will not make any progress with the sequal during the period of time in between now and the annoncment.

We may or may not start development before an announcement is made.

Quote:
3-If this is true, does that mean that this will set back the release date period to alot later than this time next year.

I am unable to comment on an expected release date for a possible sequel.

Quote:
4-If this is true (ur probably sick of me saying "if this is true" by now) when will the approximate period the game will be released in.

I am unable to comment on an expected release date for a possible sequel.

Quote:
5-What other features, other than Franchise, Online play and Better graphics, are u more enthusiastic about getting into the sequal. Or wont there be sufficiant time to be able to do more than online play, franchise and graphics.

I am unable to speculate on what may or may not be added or improved in a possible sequel.

Quote:
6-If a sequal is confirmed, will that almost guarentee a thrid NRL game will be released after that.

The viability of each release will be evaluated on a case by case basis.

Quote:
7-I recently read something about SIDHE being involved in the process of the PSP being created. I found this very intersting seeing the PSP is going to be huge worldwide and SIDHE is a small australasian company. Could u tell me bout this?

Sidhe Interactive is currently developing software for the PSP. We have not announced what this is at this time.

Quote:
8-Will a PSP version of rugby league be released.

It is a possibility.

Quote:
9-A feature i think should definately be added in the sequal is a Classic match type mode where u are in a situation that really happened in the past like in the semi final where the dogs came back from a big scoreline 2 win. If there is a sequal what are the odds that this will be included. Would this take up much time to inclued compared to other things.

I am unable to speculate on what may or may not be added or improved in a possible sequel.

Quote:
10-What are the chances of Man of the match and Dally M awards being included.

Quote:
11-I have seen that on a few occasions the footy show has played the game. Does this mean they will be promoting the sequal. Have use got in touch with them and told them 2 play it.

Sidhe Interactive does not have a direct relationship with the producers of The Footy Show. We do not have any influence on whether or not they feature the game.

Quote:
12-Will more player attribues be in the sequal.

Quote:
13-Will graphics and camera angles dramatically change or will they just be alot better quality.

Quote:
14-Do u have msn messenger

No.

What i did find intersting out of this was that they might start progress on the game before they annonce the sequal so hopefully the statemant that the announcement of a sequal will be next yr wont set back the release date too much. Also its good 2 see that sidhe are involved in the psp.

Thought u guys would be intersted in this. Hope u were.

lol yea that would be a good summary. I wonder why it is that he cant say anything about anything really. But its not Mario's fault. He must have been told by his boss or someone not to say anything. Probly because if he says something might be included and then it isnt people might hold a grudge against him. But im sure he can answer things like what are the odds of Man of the match awards being in the game.

strong_latte

Juniors
I think we've established that Mario and his Co-Workers have been pretty heavily bound and gagged when it comes to talking about the "controlversial" probabilities and possabilities of a sequel to "Rugby League".

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
lol yea that would be a good summary. I wonder why it is that he cant say anything about anything really. But its not Mario's fault. He must have been told by his boss or someone not to say anything. Probly because if he says something might be included and then it isnt people might hold a grudge against him. But im sure he can answer things like what are the odds of Man of the match awards being in the game.

Mario is his boss :)

Its because of the relevent "parties"

LESStar58

Referee
strong_latte said:
I think we've established that Mario and his Co-Workers have been pretty heavily bound and gagged when it comes to talking about the "controlversial" probabilities and possabilities of a sequel to "Rugby League".

What are they producing a 'Star Wars' movie? Surely they can give us a little bit.

LESStar58

Referee
strong_latte said:

What are they producing a 'Star Wars' movie? Surely they can give us a little bit.

Timmo

Juniors
What the heck is PSP? From my understanding, it stands for Paint Shop Pro, but obviously not in this case.
Also, If they haven't even announced that they will be making a sequel, how on earth would they know if they are going to have features such as "man of the match"??
Also, you asked : 'If a sequal is confirmed, will that almost guarentee a thrid NRL game will be released after that."
They don't even know for sure if there will be a second one, why would they be able to confirm a third one?

"A feature i think should definately be added in the sequal is a Classic match type mode where u are in a situation that really happened in the past like in the semi final where the dogs came back from a big scoreline 2 win. If there is a sequal what are the odds that this will be included. Would this take up much time to inclued compared to other things."
This would be the most RIDICULOUS feature, I don't know why people keep suggesting it!

To be honest, I don't know why Mario bothered to answer these questions.

Timmo

Juniors
That would prove handy, especially because when I am away from my home, I still want to play computer games. :roll:

Hahaha!