What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some scoop

Malonez

Juniors
I can tell you that Fraser Anderson's been training & they're gonna trial him as a back rower.

Apparently, they're excited about his switch to this position & pending his trial form seems certain to be picked in the 17 for our first comp game against Manly.

Watch out for Mitch Brown to be selected on the wing leaving Kerarnet to play no. 1

Semour has a great opportunity of forcing his way into the 17 as a hooker / utility bench player.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Shame if Fraser goes to back row.
He is the best mover we have in the backline now besides Kearney.
why are we swapping around back rowers & centres galore?
pomm
Ando
Killer
Wombat
are all dual use?

samshark

Juniors
Cant see Fraser being used exclusively as a backrower. Has too much potential out wide.
Ricky would be experimenting at training and also swapping players positions around in case they are needed there during the season. Be mighty surprised if Williams starts the year in the centres and Fraser in the second row.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
Shame if Fraser goes to back row.
He is the best mover we have in the backline now besides Kearney.
why are we swapping around back rowers & centres galore?
pomm
Ando
Killer
Wombat
are all dual use?

I'd bet on it reef. Keep a stable of big mobile guys, who with the right training, can manage 2nd row and centre and you have a way round the reduced interchange rule. Players wouldn't have to necessarily go to the bench for a breather. The rotation can happen on the field and save more interchanges for the props and hooker.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Wasnt the decrease in interchanges a idea proposed by Ricky? Or he was one of the most outspoken on the subject. Either way, me thinks Ricky has a plan, a plan thats been in the making for a few years....a plan which could pave the way to the golden chalice....a plan that other teams will try to emulate ......

Quigs

Immortal
spider said:
use simmo in the back row i say

quigs would agree

With all the pent up aggression Paris would "kill-em" in the second row.

As long as he eats his arrowroots and milk before each game.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs