What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Songs played when teams score...

Moffo

Referee
Italy just won and had 'thats amore' playing....have you ever seen something more cringe worthy? Surely they could play the naitonal anthem or at least something that does not embarrass everyone within ear shot of it....

Ive heard a few other stupid ones as well. The patronising of teams in this WC reeks of amateurism and honestly, makes the organisers look silly

And im being 100% serious and not trolling

Cheers,
Moffo

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Auckland4ever said:
Well done on watching that game to the end. It was barely 2nd division standard.

Damn, more than made up for by Fiji vs USA. Never seen the yanks play so well, good game.

weasel

First Grade
LOL, Moffo I was thinking the same thing after the Italian game. During the Fiji v US game they started playing Born in the USA after the americans scored a try. I'm really quite embarassed to be Australian when this kind of ignorant stereotyping takes place.

dimitri

First Grade
in the greece v italy rugby league game

they played zorba's dance after every greek try

In general I'm not a fan of playing music after a try in either code - I don't see the point and if it's that good a try the crowd will react anyway. (My exception to this is at Cronulla when it gets the Mermaids dancing - but that's a whole other story!). :lol:

But if you're going to do it, it might as well be something fun and semi-representative of the country rather than the bland Creed-type rock that so often gets used otherwise.

dimitri

First Grade
i agree

the sonmg should have some meaning

not just be any rock/pop/dance song

for club games they should have the club song

and for national games they should have something representative of that country

eg zorbas dance for greece

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If I here "Slice of Heaven" played at one more NZ sporting fixture in this country I'm gonna puke.

bayrep

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
If I here "Slice of Heaven" played at one more NZ sporting fixture in this country I'm gonna puke.

:lol: :lol: It sort of tells you want the IRB or is it ARU think of NZ doesnt it :).

Moffo

Referee
SpaceMonkey said:

:lol:

the whole thing is cringeworthy. Not a lot of thought went into it. In fact, there have been a lot of stereotypes going around the past few weeks. Did anyone read the telegraph preview of the WC? Some of the comments were ridiculous, bordering on completely and utterly devoid of any resemblence of intelligence

Moffo

Parra_Eels

Bench
at lang park today and some rugby nerds were bitching they weren't playing romanian music after they scored. jesus

weasel

First Grade
Well the Irish just scored a try against Namibia and they started playing U2, an irish band!

Yes, there was a certain irony in them playing Beautiful Day while it was pissing down!

But it's a good try scoring song - we had that, Elevation and Jackie Wilson Said - works for me. :D

weasel

First Grade
I had music playing in the other room when Namibia scored so I couldn't hear that well but they didn't seem to be playing anything when that happened.