What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sour Grapes

IFR33K

Coach
It seems to me, that there are a lot of rival fans, that believe Parra dont deserve to be in the GF, as much as the Titans, Dogs, Storm or Dragons. Their belief is that the above mentioned teams, have had a far better and consistent season.

I don't doubt that the Dogs and Dragons were a better side throughout the 26 rounds, but the eels have come good when it mattered most. I find it hard to believe that they dont consider that maybe the other teams peaked to early, and the eels, took half a season to gel, with a new coach and halves.

Mind you, most of the sour grapes, are coming from the doggie and dragon supporters.

strider

Post Whore
winning a GF is about playing well at the right time of the year .... as the old saying goes, premierships aren't won in April .... the best team in Aug/Sept/Oct is the premiers

I always thought Smithy did a decent job of getting the team firing at the right time of the year (well in the late 90s anyway) ... I doubt Ando intended to be poor early on and come home with a wet sail, but its just turned out that way

SCoops

Juniors
How can a teams supporters say that the Eels don't deserve to be in the Grand Final becuase they "peaked to late".

If a team is on top of the ladder in the first 8 rounds but drop to 13th does that mean they deserve to be in the GF?

NO WAY.

If you are on top of the ladder and your performance dies of at the end of the season and they don't make it to the GF then that means they are simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH regardless of how good they are.

Beside, who remembers who won the minor premiership years down the track. I know I don't.

Only those that win the premiership are remembered. IMO.

Coops

Parra Guru

Coach
You know the old saying.... winners are grinners... losers can please themselves.

Nothing can take away this incredible achievement.

Eelectrica

Referee
We're the first team to finish 8th and play the grand final. Up till now and last year team 8 has been little more than comic relief and a training run for team 1.
We're going to end with more wins than teams who finished above us anyway.

Titans finished 3rd with 16 wins. We finished with 12 wins and a draw. If we win the GF we're going to finish with 16 wins + the draw - just ahead of the Titans. And just behind the Dogs and Dragons who we've dealt with already.

We've won minor premierships recently and that didn't help us in the finals. Now we're doing it the other way.

Oscarman

Juniors
f**k all those losers. We beat their teams fair and square. I hope they are enjoying their offseason.

salvy71

Juniors
You can't please everybody these days , when we were bombing out after being in the top 2 or 3 teams all year we're labelled chokers , when we get to the Grand Final from 8th it's supposedly unfair , in the end - who cares.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We have won 10 of our last 11 games, nearly all of them sudden death and the last 3 games against the top 3 sides in the comp. But we don't deserve to be there???? Tell em their dreaming!!

lingard

Coach
We've won 10/11 games to get to the GF. Knocked out teams 1,2 & 3. How much convincing does some-one need?

Beautiful. And a lot of people seem to think that Parramatta only started 'putting in' about ten or eleven weeks ago. The fact is, they were trying their guts out from very early on. Very competitive and tough, but just not winning. Then they lost their regular half-back and regular five-eight and had to replace them with two rookies - and still managed to put together an incredible string of wins - all sudden death. If anything, Parramatta deserves this more than most.

the funny thing is we beat all these whiners teams on our winning run so if they really deserved to be here they would have won and knocked us out

TheParraboy

Staff member
we were scarred from the 37-0 drubbing to stgeorge, we have hever beaten the titans and were scarred there too, the dogs are the WI cricket side of the 80s in semi final football (love ya tugger)

if anything oppossing fans are just so much jealous of the juggernaut we have created

seriously if it was their own side it would be such and awesome ride and one of the most sweetest feelings toppling top 4 sides off one by one, week after week