What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Park Mafia: Game Thread

Jason Maher

Immortal
Not to steal Fred's thunder, but the night kill of 9701 was my call.

Because I have no life and mafia is serious business, I went back through the bazzi & BDR lynches and checked what a certain 8 players did in those lynches.

Only 2 players of the 8 possible mafia candidates didn't vote for bazzi or BDR at all... 9701 & senses. Well 9701 did vote for BDR but it was after BDR already had the necessary votes which made him even more of a suspect.

Probably one of my favourite parts of mafia. Forget the roles and night actions, trying to analyse posts, lynches, night actions, etc is the best bit for me.

Vote analysis is vital for correctly identifying scum without the crapshoot of an investigation result.

MSIH

Bench
I don't understand why people hate being town.

Mafia is easy, just stay under the radar and take people out. Recruiters and the recruited even easier. Town actually takes some skill/luck to try and weed out the bad buys, a lot of the time you can be made to look like a dunce though.

Apey

Staff member
I don't understand why people hate being town.

Mafia is easy, just stay under the radar and take people out. Recruiters and the recruited even easier. Town actually takes some skill/luck to try and weed out the bad buys, a lot of the time you can be made to look like a dunce though.

I like any alignment. I've only been town once and I was recruited to a different faction Night 1 :crazy:

Probably an exaggeration the HowHigh hates being town, more that he prefers being something else.

HowHigh

Coach
I like any alignment. I've only been town once and I was recruited to a different faction Night 1 :crazy:

Probably an exaggeration the HowHigh hates being town, more that he prefers being something else.
Haha I saw that but didn't comment
Town isn't all bad, depends on the role I guess
I do prefer mafia for the team work and planning plus you know what's going on a lot more..who's who etc
Just gotta work with what you've got though!

HowHigh

Coach
I'd take a town role where I couldn't by lynched, couldn't be killed while someone was still alive and even had a kill power over pretty much any role to be honest. Pretty OP..

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'd take a town role where I couldn't by lynched, couldn't be killed while someone was still alive and even had a kill power over pretty much any role to be honest. Pretty OP..

I'm lucky afi made it so long but he could have just as easily died the first night and then I'd have been a simple kill character. I was less powerful than JM. He needed multiple people dead before he could die, he could kill and most importantly unlike me he knew his enemies so he could guarantee killing the right people 100% of the time.

afinalsin666

First Grade
You would have been a guaranteed convert if we could communicate bunniesman. Couldn't believe everyone forgot you couldn't be killed before we used the auto lynch. I wasn't speaking up though :)

Apey

Staff member
It's not like we didn't think about recruiting BM either though.

The problem was when we were talking about it, it was at the point where if BM had accepted we would win, if he had refused we would lose.

Kind of a big risk when you don't know whether they will accept or not.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Will try do a full game write-up when I can. Do people even read that stuff though? Not that I'm lazy. Just time consuming; which at the moment I don't have.

Didgi

Most people look forward to them, but you'll hardly be the first host to skip it so don't worry too much about it.

Apey

Staff member
Hard to know. I did mine so quickly that nobody really asked for one, and once I went through and did it, nobody seemed to care. :lol:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I plan on doing mine as I go. Once a person's dead their influence on the game doesn't go much further. Would rather do 4-5 a day than 30 at the end.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I've done a bit of that, but you still need to brush it up, add end game changes. An overall summary and such also a comparison to those who've lived longer.etc.

First Grade
I'm lucky afi made it so long but he could have just as easily died the first night and then I'd have been a simple kill character. I was less powerful than JM. He needed multiple people dead before he could die, he could kill and most importantly unlike me he knew his enemies so he could guarantee killing the right people 100% of the time.

JM never had a kill power at all untill way way way into the game when the party was thrown. inf fact JM had no powers. I had investigate thats it, JM had nothing except couldnt die while 2 otheres were alive. 2 had the kill power (only one could use it) That was it we had no role blocking, recruiting, power cloning, or anything else. As I said just your over powered character was damn near as powerful as the whole six of us.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Btw, even with having more knowledge at my dispense due to being part of a large faction, I reckon SMBN was the hardest mafia dude to get a read on. I know from being on a team with him before he's pretty busy IRL so it was bloody hard to gauge whether he was genuinely suspicious or just unable to participate as much as he'd like to.

Well done good sir.

Shut uuuuuuup:sarcasm:

Yeah, just got busy with the bub for a bit but was keeping an eye on things. Starte to get involved later to sow confusion with some success. Very similar to your game plan tbh!

Dragon2010

First Grade
Started the write-up. Far out, I had some fun powers that people never got to use/activate. Cartman was one of them. He goes absolute ape-shit should Stan/Kyle have died.

soc123_au

Staff member
Been offline the last few days & just caught up. Interesting finish, love the mass suicide. I would like to see the private chats forums of the 2 factions. I think they would both be entertaining.

Latest posts