What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South sydney 2014 premiers

GongPanther

Referee
Fantastic result from a great side...they are the deserved winners.

Great to see another one of the original 1908 sides take the title.

chrisD

Coach
Only two other teams this season showed the form to match it with Souths, but only Souths were able to produce that form in the finals.

maple_69

Bench
Hate Souths but a very deserved premiership. Best team this year, best team tonight, really great to close out that chapter on rugby league. Enjoy it Souths fans you deserve it.

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
Well deserved from Souths, amazing forward pack who brutalized everyone in the finals Maguire has done a great job but gee getting those 2 twins basically for peanuts cause their brother was there didn't half help.

Cammo

Bench
Souths too good, they deserved the premiership.

Congrats to the long suffering Souths fans

mxlegend99

Referee
Great season and well deserved win. Been along time coming. Congratulations to the Bunnies. I felt goosebumps when the players were celebrating and it's not my team. Truly epic stuff.

LineBall

Juniors
Yes, well done Souths. Fantastic scenes at the end of the game. It truly is the greatest game of all.

jargan83

Coach
Well done Souffs, not a fan and would have preferred a Bulldogs win so I could keep hanging shit on my Souffs supporting mates but it was well deserved. Enjoy the win.

GongPanther

Referee
That look on Burgess' face prolonged by the camera shot said it all.

When the Souths fans get home and see that,I can envision themselves being overcome with the same amount of emotion that was going through Burgess' head at that moment.

Stagger Lee

Bench
A sad day for league unlimited forums - who we going to LOL at now :)

Well done to Souths and all there true fans, the ones that actually went to the games in the shit years, kept the faith and stayed true - you well and truly deserve this day

Ulysseus

Bench
They wanted it more.
It can only be good for them breaking the drought, hell it is good when the spoils of a premiership are shared around amongst teams through a few years as no one wants to see the NRL become the ESL where you wont get a shot if you don't have a Russian billionaire bank rolling you.
Except for the Sharks, they are destined to walk the earth and the next life without a title.

innsaneink

Referee
That look on Burgess' face prolonged by the camera shot said it all.

When the Souths fans get home and see that,I can envision themselves being overcome with the same amount of emotion that was going through Burgess' head at that moment.
It was strange leaving the ground....very surreal...quiet...I think all Souths fans still a bit stunned...will take a while for it all to sink in

Congrats Souths....took three seasons...well deserved

some11

Referee
Except for the Sharks, they are destined to walk the earth and the next life without a title.

So were Souths until Crowe bought them.

I could be wrong but I don't know of any movie stars that want to buy the Sharks and take them to the top, if they are to win a premiership it will be done the hardest way possible and frankly would be an even more amazing feat than Souths breaking the drought.