What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney Rabbitohs issues

Valheru

Coach
100%. Penrith do it so well, your forwards don't even bother retreating back into your own 40m in attack. They wait around behind the defensive line for the first couple of tackles for your backs to catch up.
Not behind the defensive line, in the defensive line and there should be more said about this.

You can't see it on TV, but it happened all game when we played them earlier this year and they even got penalised once for it.

soc123_au

Staff member
Not behind the defensive line, in the defensive line and there should be more said about this.

You can't see it on TV, but it happened all game when we played them earlier this year and they even got penalised once for it.
That was the most ridiculous penalty of the year so far. Bunker fixed it by calling the obstruction on Edwards that came from it, so justice done.

yobbo84

Coach
Our biggest issue for 5+ years has been:

1. Fitness

*cough*

Nice to see some in the media finally address the elephant

Media pundits don't watch every game closely, that's why I don't care what they say, ex player or not

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Get a load of Latrell Mitchell here at 2:10

Smiling, laughing, carrying on like a tool in the sheds after his team just got done by 42. If this is the lunatic you're letting run the asylum, you deadset deserve everything you get.

yobbo84

Coach
Unless someone returns, next week Souths will only have 18 available players out of everyone in our top 30 + development list. Most of those injuries/suspensions in the backs.

We only have 6 available backs in the entire squad:

Latrell Mitchell
Isaiah Tass
Jack Wighton
Izaac Tu'itupou Thompson
Cody Walker
Dion Teaupa

That's it.

Unavailable are Jye Gray, Alex Johnston, Campbell Graham, Taane Milne, Tyrone Munro, Lachlan Ilias, Dean Hawkins, Jacob Gagai, Richard Kennar, Braidon Burns, Leon Te Hau and Haizyn Mellars.

Also unavailable in the forwards are Tevita Tatola, Shaquai Mitchell, Ben Lovett, Thomas Fletcher and Liam Le Blanc.

So not only are the majority of our first choice players out, but their first choice backups are out too.

I don't think we've hit "rock bottom" yet.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Additionally Souths have had a tough draw to begin the season. The one "easy" game was against Canterbury which they won.

But Souths have lost against Manly, Brisbane, Roosters, Warriors, Cronulla, Melbourne and Penrith. Souths were opposed to six teams from last years top 8.

Valheru

Coach
Unless someone returns, next week Souths will only have 18 available players out of everyone in our top 30 + development list. Most of those injuries/suspensions in the backs.

We only have 6 available backs in the entire squad:

Latrell Mitchell
Isaiah Tass
Jack Wighton
Izaac Tu'itupou Thompson
Cody Walker
Dion Teaupa

That's it.

Unavailable are Jye Gray, Alex Johnston, Campbell Graham, Taane Milne, Tyrone Munro, Lachlan Ilias, Dean Hawkins, Jacob Gagai, Richard Kennar, Braidon Burns, Leon Te Hau and Haizyn Mellars.

Also unavailable in the forwards are Tevita Tatola, Shaquai Mitchell, Ben Lovett, Thomas Fletcher and Liam Le Blanc.

So not only are the majority of our first choice players out, but their first choice backups are out too.

I don't think we've hit "rock bottom" yet.
Seems like they will have to apply to the NRL for cap exemption to name the mandatory 22 player squad. This happened to us in 2021 and some people wanted us to be forced to play without a full 17 on game day lol

yobbo84

Coach
Seems like they will have to apply to the NRL for cap exemption to name the mandatory 22 player squad. This happened to us in 2021 and some people wanted us to be forced to play without a full 17 on game day lol
This was our reserve grade backline yesterday.

1. Bayleigh Bentley-Hape
2. Jude Saldanha
3. Adam Christensen
4. Leonard Skelton
5. Carson Kaho

That's who we have to call on. Park footballers.

In short, we're f**ked.

#SackTheWholeHighPerformanceTeam

Valheru

Coach
Additionally Souths have had a tough draw to begin the season. The one "easy" game was against Canterbury which they won.

But Souths have lost against Manly, Brisbane, Roosters, Warriors, Cronulla, Melbourne and Penrith. Souths were opposed to six teams from last years top 8.
The "tough" draw is only valid when the team is putting in, making it a contest and losing tight games with perhaps a bit of bad luck too. The idea being that against lesser opposition they would have won.

In the case of souths, they are getting trounced by those opponents. I expect things to improve for them over the season but the other teams will get their fair share of wins against them too.

Valheru

Coach

1. Bayleigh Bentley-Hape
2. Jude Saldanha
3. Adam Christensen
4. Leonard Skelton
5. Carson Kaho

In short, we're f**ked.

Grim

Can't say I've heard of any of them

It's a write off year anyways so may as well get the bad luck with injuries out of the way too and in my experience years like that will unearth a talent or two as well. That's the only positive I can offer.

Smiling, laughing, carrying on like a tool in the sheds after his team just got done by 42. If this is the lunatic you're letting run the asylum, you deadset deserve everything you get.
Not as much hurt in that shed as I thought there'd be...

Don't want to pile on for the sake of it, but after the game they'd just had and the week leading up to it, I'm struggling to think what could've been funny enough to even smirk at let alone laugh about.

Steel Saints

Juniors
The "tough" draw is only valid when the team is putting in, making it a contest and losing tight games with perhaps a bit of bad luck too. The idea being that against lesser opposition they would have won.

In the case of souths, they are getting trounced by those opponents. I expect things to improve for them over the season but the other teams will get their fair share of wins against them too.

Souths were "putting in" somewhat in the first couple of games against Manly in Vegas and away to Brisbane, but lost both. Certainly respectable on the scoreboard anyway, but starting the season with back to back losses is far from ideal. Plus Souths did collapse in the second half of last season, so they were in a hole already heading into the Roosters game.

And unfortunately for the Rabbits, they got smashed by the Roosters and apart from the Dogs game, losing has become a habit. We saw that with a big club like Brisbane in 2020.

A bit like Darius Boyd and co having a "baby shower" after your favourite team, the Cowboys, consigned the Broncos to their firstever wooden spoon in 2020, hey?

Tiger5150

Bench

1. Bayleigh Bentley-Hape
2. Jude Saldanha
3. Adam Christensen
4. Leonard Skelton
5. Carson Kaho

In short, we're f**ked.

Sad story.....

Tigers started matches last year with Brandon Wakeham and Will Smith as starting halves but I cant remember the dispensation for the poor old Tigers

Latest posts