What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney Rabbitohs issues

This Year?

Immortal
I thought that the issues at Souffs were a bit overstated.

But losing to us? That’s dire.
images

yobbo84

Coach
Exactly 12 months ago we were first on the ladder having defeated Penrith, Melbourne and Brisbane.

What a freefall it's been.

Right the ship, Wayne. Bring a big-ass broom with you.

Exsilium

First Grade
I wouldn’t underestimate the negative impact a player like Latrell can have on a side. The NRL is very competitive and teams thrive on confidence. If players aren’t pulling their weight and the administration is a mess, it translates to poor on field performances, low morale amongst the playing group and the media attention creates a tense training environment.

Obviously there are a lot of issues there but my first fix would be to create accountability and remove any negative forces. Even if it meant upsetting a few players.

I wouldn’t underestimate the negative impact a player like Latrell can have on a side. The NRL is very competitive and teams thrive on confidence. If players aren’t pulling their weight and the administration is a mess, it translates to poor on field performances, low morale amongst the playing group and the media attention creates a tense training environment.

Obviously there are a lot of issues there but my first fix would be to create accountability and remove any negative forces. Even if it meant upsetting a few players.
Removing Latrell was never an option for JD though. The South’s administration wouldn’t back him and he would get crucified in the gutter press as not being up to it and too inexperienced to manage the big personalities.

If Bennett does it though he will be hailed for being bold and will get universal support.