What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths centre of excellence

saint.nick

Coach
Souths really do look to be building nicely for the future. It now makes me want the Dragons to follow suit. The Dogs have their little high tech base at Belmore, Souths are getting big great facilities at Maroubra, and now I think we should take advantage of the wide pastures and low pop. density in the Illawarra region. What does everyone think?

watatank

Coach
Bennett already moved operations to Wollongong for this purpose. I believe there's a partnership with Wollongong University and other places I'm sure.

Fire

First Grade
Yeah we've got the University of Wollongong.

I heard that souffs are building their little cubby house on Duffy's Corner...

Coffs dragon

Bench
Souths centre of excess won't happen. It's pure political spin by the present Government. Why would they give $20mil to a privately owned league team. Of absolute no benefit to the community and only a vote grabbing excercise. Funny that the deputy PM Anthony Albanese has just been awarded life membership of Souths. Smells like a dodgy.

ek999

First Grade
Facilities for the community too is how they will justify it. Much like how they justified all the money that went to Belmore. It will definitely go ahead

Big Sam

First Grade
Souths centre of excess won't happen. It's pure political spin by the present Government. Why would they give $20mil to a privately owned league team. Of absolute no benefit to the community and only a vote grabbing excercise. Funny that the deputy PM Anthony Albanese has just been awarded life membership of Souths. Smells like a dodgy.

Lol. Albo was a long-time board member and given life membership 8 months ago.

At least this Govt money will go to full use for both the club and community, unlike the tens of millions for Kogarah and WIN for a club that's averaging 13k. You should have done the NSW and Australian taxpayers a favour and just moved to the SFS.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

At least this Govt money will go to full use for both the club and community, unlike the tens of millions for Kogarah and WIN for a club that's averaging 13k. You should have done the NSW and Australian taxpayers a favour and just moved to the SFS.

I agree, it will be great for the community...no one likes to see junkies on the street shooting up.

Fire

First Grade
Come fight me bro

come-at-me-bro.jpg

A Stray Alien

Juniors
South Centre of Excellence also for the comunity hey well in the local rag the courier it said Randwick city council will open its new and revamped Des Renford Leisure Centre spending 8.3 mill on the revamp with a two storey gymnasium to open Nov/Dec 2013 and where is the Des Renford leisure centre (formaly Heffron Pool) you ASK. well its Robey st Maroubra it would only be 80m between the two centres so witch one for the comunjty id say not the soffs one.

But good thing for the soffs fan is they walk 400m the other way down Robey st and walk staight in to Maroubra Police Station and next door is centre link so now all there amenites are in the one street

Fingerbang

Bench
2 weeks later, and I am still cracking up at the Sons of Glory Holes post in the lol@souffs thread.
glory_holes_origins_big.jpg

saint.nick

Coach
UOW? Didn't know that...I thought we were only associated them because Creagh, BMoz and Rein (I think?) study there.

jenninga

First Grade

You got Redfern oval and that dump across the street and now you get $20 mil to shift out to that sh*thole Heffron park to waste money on a centre which will be open to vandalism to the La Perouse locals.
$20 mil,that money should be used for indigenous education ,not for Souufs,hypocrites.

Latest posts