What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths chasing Wing

Sugar

Bench
SSFC is making room for Craig Wing.

They told Joe Williams that he is not wanted next year.

Peachey has been told to retire at the end of the season.

Dave Q

Coach
He was always welcome back....but only at the right price.

Our forwards are already first rate, one of the most feared packs in the league. We just need two or three star backs.

Dave Q

Coach
Spiltmilk said:
SSFC is making room for Craig Wing.

They told Joe Williams that he is not wanted next year.

Peachey has been told to retire at the end of the season.

I could do another year of Peach myself.

As for Joey, we will see what happens.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Interesting to possibly get Wing back.

Could solve our half back situation. I like our hookers in Irvine, Rigs and Ducky Webb

We should make him always keep that rooster tat covered up though

Ive heard rumours of Thaiday from the Knights as a possible signing also. Might help if those Peach rumours are true.

Dave Q

Coach
I think we should exercise some patience.

Three elite backs should switch the lights on, although you look at existing players like Buddy, and Manese, even Lowie and you feel confident.

I mean we still have a lot of 2006 players on the books and it has been quite thrilling watching their game improve as they adjust to the new defensive technique ( tackle!!) the space and air provided by decent forwards.

You get the feeling theres still some life left this season, but we need a few big speedy and chunky backs to stretch and test opposition lines.

IMO Smith and Rogers, my guess is they are back v Panthers and they will improve markedly in their second outing.

The Panthers are a great side, but they have the capacity to crumble under pressure. They would be the first to admit that.

Of course you can never underestimate the power of an elite halfback. You buy one or make one under a careful tutor.

We moan about our team sometimes, but I can assure everyone, most the other fans are in the same boat.

We have laid a good foundation against Melbourne for a win v Panthers.

We can tame the giant-killers.

Alan Shore

First Grade
I want to see the Peach go around for another year. Your form slump coincided with him getting injured.

Dave Q

Coach
Tamazoid said:
I want to see the Peach go around for another year. Your form slump coincided with him getting injured.

Pffft!!

Give me some of that stuff your on buddy!

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Hornby would be good but i think we should put some faith in our juniours see what we can get from them for the fullback spot.

We all agree i think souths need a playmaker. Some one to show the way and get the ball to the backs.

Wing could be the player to do that next year. Hes still only 26 so has a few good years in him.

rooby said:
Has been reported on Ch 7 and Ch 9.

there is a very big chance that we already have him, it just hasnt been released into the media yet.

His Name was accidently leaked as the big name player that we have signed.

ShineDog

Juniors
How about the dogs take Wing and you can have our two hookers (hughes and perry)...sounds like a great deal.

MattJ

Juniors
ShineDog said:
How about the dogs take Wing and you can have our two hookers (hughes and perry)...sounds like a great deal.

Rumour has it, hughes is going to bondi

Sugar

Bench
"Souths are on the verge of pulling off their biggest coup since being re-admitted to the NRL by luring former favourite son Craig Wing back to the red and green.
My mail is the rabbits have produced a package the former international will find hard to resist.
The roosters are keen to keep Wing but only if he is prepared to take a healthy pay cut.
The Waratahs are also in the mix but their $300,000 won't be enough for Wing to switch codes. A Coogee randwick junior, Wing played his first senior footy with the Bunnies in 1998."

From RLW

Dave Q

Coach
Past his best, we shouldnt pay overs.

But still with the capacity to be lethal in full flight.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Whats wrong with Amos Roberts the Rorters are going to release him he's Quick can Tackle & kick goals.:roll:

Dave Q

Coach
Appin Rabbit said:
Whats wrong with Amos Roberts the Rorters are going to release him he's Quick can Tackle & kick goals.:roll:

Good question.

But If he's right, why are the Roosters trying to flog him off?

Ive heard he is fugged these days.

Maybe someone can verify or condemn that?

rabs

Staff member
forget Roberts we need creators not finishers, I'd love to see wing back and playing in the halves