What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths 'Chips'

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I've also heard that souths players sacrifice a virgin before every game to give them the edge over their opponents.

Lurkingshark

Juniors
Ah, it's a "device" not a substance. The fact that the NFL still dodges HGH testing but has banned these things speaks volumes.
Imagine if the Sharks had of started using these things and the Bogan Bible got wind of it.

Benny77

Juniors
Ah, it's a "device" not a substance. The fact that the NFL still dodges HGH testing but has banned these things speaks volumes.
Imagine if the Sharks had of started using these things and the Bogan Bible got wind of it.

Yeah I meant device. Still a performance enhancing device though that has given them a clear advantage over opponents

dragon_around

Juniors
Yeah I meant device. Still a performance enhancing device though that has given them a clear advantage over opponents

Studs on the players boots is a performance enhancing device.

Should we ban those too?

How about the spray players use to better grip the ball? They even have glue on their jerseys to get a better hold.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Where is the independent evidence that it gives a clear advantage over opponents?

Seems to me that Mundane has sold them snake oil.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Sounds very legal to me. Hope every team does it. Performance enhancing? Yes. Cheating? No. God forbid teams actually try to find ways to make their players perform better.

Canard

Immortal
Sounds very legal to me. Hope every team does it. Performance enhancing? Yes. Cheating? No. God forbid teams actually try to find ways to make their players perform better.

No its not performance enhancing.

This quote says it all.

The same as Chinese medicine has identified the meridians that form electrical pathways throughout the body, our technology allows for the continual and unhindered flow of energy throughout these meridians, without the need for needles, heat or pressure.

It's a complete sham, which would only offer a placebo effect at best. Its another "Power balance" bracelet or Firepower Fuel pill (ironic I know).

The only reason it should be banned is to protect the club and the players from there own stupidity.

Benny77

Juniors
No its not performance enhancing.

This quote says it all.

It's a complete sham, which would only offer a placebo effect at best. Its another "Power balance" bracelet or Firepower Fuel pill (ironic I know).

The only reason it should be banned is to protect the club and the players from there own stupidity.

Yeah I thought about it being a placebo but then the NFL did ban it so it must have some effect. I would be completely ok if all teams were wearing it because it would make for higher quality games for the full 80 mins but its only souths and they are the best second half team in the comp so it sounds a little bit off imo

natheel

Coach
Like the power bracelet it just gives people the thought they're getting a boost. Nothing issue for me. Sloth wrote it...speaks volumes there. Just trying to bring another controversy onto the game during our best week of the year

Snappy

Coach
Yeah I thought about it being a placebo but then the NFL did ban it so it must have some effect. I would be completely ok if all teams were wearing it because it would make for higher quality games for the full 80 mins but its only souths and they are the best second half team in the comp so it sounds a little bit off imo

What's stopping other teams using them ?

Canard

Immortal

The NFL hasn't "banned" them. That's the Tele drawing a long bow to try to gin up some controversy. The real controversy should be why are Souths so dumb as to believe this shit? And Mundine's company Boxa making money off it.

The article says this

Maguire has distanced the Rabbitohs from any connection with controversial US sports supplements maker Mitch Ross, who was banned from the NFL.

Mitch Ross is essentially the Stephen Dank of the NFL world, who got involved in some controversy over deer spray recently. These patches aren't banned. It would be like Dank selling yellow bandanas which he claimed made you stronger.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Sounds like a bunch of complete nonsense to me. The fact that it was brought to the club by Anthony Mundine doesn't exactly act as a tremendous reference for its legitimacy.

As soon as someone mentioned chinese medicine in their spiel that's a pretty big red flag that its bunk. Chinese and other traditional medicines are great.... providing you aren't actually sick :lol: