What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths 'Chips'

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Weren't Manly injecting calves blood or something a couple years back when they won the premiership.

This is the typical story you see when teams are doing well, there has to be a "reason" outside of being the most dominant team.

At absolute best it might have a mild placebo effect, so mentally they're a bit better off if they buy into it. Hardly illegal though.

Benny77

Juniors
Yeah the fact that mundine provided it decreases it's legitimacy. However, it was interesting to see Macguire so reluctant to talk about it, that was a little suss, but nevertheless it has been approved by the NRL. Will be interesting to see if it is banned over the off season though or if there is anymore research done into it.

Danish

Referee
That's the real story for me.

Who is the dumb arse at Souths that signed off on this?

To be fair I guarantee all clubs will have at least 1 player using them next season. I believe the Tigers were the poster club for those power bracelet things but all clubs fell prey to them.

Sporting sides aren't exactly known for deploying the greatest scientific minds when coming up with their supplements and what have you. Manly using the calf's blood stuff a few years back was pretty out there in terms of terrible ideas with no actual medical benefits.

Canard

Immortal
To be fair I guarantee all clubs will have at least 1 player using them next season. I believe the Tigers were the poster club for those power bracelet things but all clubs fell prey to them.

Sporting sides aren't exactly known for deploying the greatest scientific minds when coming up with their supplements and what have you. Manly using the calf's blood stuff a few years back was pretty out there in terms of terrible ideas with no actual medical benefits.

Sticking calfs blood and stuff like that into your body should be banned, because not only is it stupid it's potentially dangerous.

Putting a sticker on yourself, is just dumb beyond belief.

Check out the product description:

Advanced Frequency Technology

These revolutionary chips use a Proprietary formula of Frequencies and are US Patent Pending and protected by the US government titled ‘A process to enhance performance as an alternative to illegal performance enhancing drugs. A proprietary formula of frequencies embedded in a hologram, liquid via the use of frequency generating or transmitting machines.’

Performance Chips are programmed with Patent Pending Protocol Performance Frequencies to support mental focus and performance.

You would have to be mentally challenged to not realise that was a steaming pile of dogshit, within seconds of reading it. Especially at $70 a pop.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Sticking calfs blood and stuff like that into your body should be banned, because not only is it stupid it's potentially dangerous.

Putting a sticker on yourself, is just dumb beyond belief.

Check out the product description:

Advanced Frequency Technology

These revolutionary chips use a Proprietary formula of Frequencies and are US Patent Pending and protected by the US government titled ?A process to enhance performance as an alternative to illegal performance enhancing drugs. A proprietary formula of frequencies embedded in a hologram, liquid via the use of frequency generating or transmitting machines.?

Performance Chips are programmed with Patent Pending Protocol Performance Frequencies to support mental focus and performance.

You would have to be mentally challenged to not realise that was a steaming pile of dogshit, within seconds of reading it. Especially at $70 a pop.

the big hole in all of this for me is the bit i have bolded...

what are these machines? and why aren't they also for sale from boxa?

franklin2323

Immortal
Cleared by the NRL and readily available for every team to use should they wish to do so. I don't see the issue?

It's Grand Final week. The DT can't give the game a boost by actually reporting on the game.

It's simple 15 other teams do video of Souths any team would use the chips if they worked

Jason Maher

Immortal
Benny has a great deal of butthurt about souffs, to the point he gets his panties in a knot over a piece of bullshit woo. I recommend repeated application of Preparation H.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i was thinking more how i could get a hold of one of those transmitters, and start controlling the players remotely using these chips..

just imagine, 2 minutes to go, souths down by 3 points and are attacking the bulldogs line..

then just as they go to score, burgess (doesn't matter which one) drops the ball cold as all players form in a line and start bootscooting...

all the players are looking confused, when the tv cameras switch to show the close up of one of the players, he mysteriously stops bootscooting, but starts hitting himself..

cue the wider shot of john sutton running after reynolds, unable to stop himself kicking him in the backside....

gotta find me one of these transmitters...