What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths defeat the Knights-Congrats bunnies.

Dave Q

Coach
What a match!!

One of the greatest come backs in league history!

Not only did we beat an upbeat knights side, we overcame the referee!

Too many Rabbitohs involved to single out any. Maybe Jeremy Smith for mine. Wonderful wonderful game.

But how good is this Luke kid, how well will he go with Wing??

Whoops , thats next year!

It seems that we still have a finals series to attend later this year!

And back in the eight where we belong.

As Spilt says, its great to be a rabbitoh, not just on historic nights like this, but 24/7 365 days a year.

Congratulations Souths, we stood up tonight, big match, well done boys.

rabs

Staff member
indeed big congratulations to the boys for this win
how good is it to get a win when there were numerous negatives? normally we need to be on our game to win or be competitive

the knights were well understrength but they had home ground advantage and the weight of possession
souths kicking game was diabolical (doubly disadvantageous compared to a very good Knights kicking game)and apart from a few successful last tackle run plays the set finishing was atrocoius

yet we won on the back of never saying die and competitive spirit and the experience and winning culture of our big guns Roy and Peach

great win this win despite a lot of very ugly moments

rabbs

Juniors
The last 20 mins of the first half and first 20 of the second half were the worst of seen Souths play this year but they toughed it out for another great win.Congrats boys.

Dave Q

Coach
I remember that some of them were a bit grubby when they only just beat us in last round.

Stretch over merry men and women of Newcastle, pucker up..our tails are feeling a bit dry.

Ewarrk!

24/7 365 days a week -bathe in rabbitoh goodness.

Ohh South Sydney is wonderful start it up, start it up, start it up....up the rabbitohs!

BlueFenix

Juniors
Congrats but C'mon Fellas,

Yes the reffing was terrible but you went missing for half the game, an intercept got your heads up again and back into the game and that muppet Dooges gifted your last by being a hot head. Shall I mention the fact that the Nights had 3 players in Origin?

Other than that carry on I'd love to see the Rabbits in the finals.

Now my question is 'can we have roy back?'

rabbs

Juniors
so Merritt,Kidwell and Sutton being out doesn't count,no excuses from the Knights.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
BlueFenix said:
Congrats but C'mon Fellas,

Yes the reffing was terrible but you went missing for half the game, an intercept got your heads up again and back into the game and that muppet Dooges gifted your last by being a hot head. Shall I mention the fact that the Nights had 3 players in Origin?

Other than that carry on I'd love to see the Rabbits in the finals.

Now my question is 'can we have roy back?'

I agree with what you are saying. I was really dissapointed that we didn't really give it to them when it was 12-0. We had a few oportunities to make it 18-0 but didn't capitilise. We invited them back into the game and looked disinterested.

The best thing for me was that we did come back from 12 points down to win the game. As for the 3 Knights players being out I think that was part of our problem. Had those boys been playing I think we would of played the game differently. We definately wouldn't of taken the foot off the pedal. You can only play with what is infront of you.

As for Asotasi I think you know the answer to that. I do know how you feel as we lost plenty of players over the years. I felt really bad when we lost Ian Roberts all those years ago.

rabbs said:
so Merritt,Kidwell and Sutton being out doesn't count,no excuses from the Knights.

Rabbs,according to the Knights website Merritt,Kidwell and Sutton count for nothing.:x Sore losers.

Dave Q

Coach
Newcastlerabbit said:
Rabbs,according to the Knights website Merritt,Kidwell and Sutton count for nothing.:x Sore losers.

I set them straight on the forum here.

They are a strange bunch but I cant tar them all with the same brush.

We were resurgent and looking very dangerous again in attack ( which we are not known for).

Our feild position for the try came on the back of a penalty at half way. One of their players trying a tad too earnestly to slow down play.

It was a gamble he should never have taken, especially against a side with questions in there attack. I dont know if he was instructed, hard to tell.

They were a point up. They needed to force the kick, clean up, hang on to it, soak up time and then kick it downtown away from Peachey.

We have made the same fundamental errors before, so I'm not so hard on him for that.

In heat of battle, with a lot of drama and angst going on, we kept our heads.

We struck back hard and with considerable might when we had to. They were clearly frightened.

20 minutes to go and we were getting stuck right into it.

The more sore and bitter some of their meaner fans are, the better we should feel.

They gave us little mercy earlier in the year, except for some of their smarter fans.