What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths home ground in Souths district

Emu01

Juniors
Does anyone think the bunnies could actually leave ANZ stadium as the home base and play Home games in the Souths district.

It would give the team and the fans a tremendous boost. At the moment Souths never really have a good atmosphere at Souths games..

What about a boutique ovel at Heffernan Park Maroobra there is plenty of room. Something anything but ANZ we could have won last nights game with a suburban home ground with fans building a great atmosphere..

If they can play games at Tamworth with 10k we can surely build a Nrl standard without busting the bank.

I know Rusty banks a good profit playing out of ANZ but we have been away from the district for about 14 years.. It’s time to go home now!

southsport

First Grade
The facility at Heffron Park will be a training facility with no plans that I know of to turn it into a home ground for Souths (not to say that this couldn't happen in the distant future), the more likely scenario is that Souths could eventually return to Allianz to play their home games.

Pommy

Coach
There’s no chance. Souths haven’t got the money to build a stadium, to even get planning permission in 2018 there would need to be public transport links and heaps of parking it’s a total nonstarter.
My hope is that we move to the new Allianz stadium which will have light rail connections to central.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Souths should have a 35 000 plus seat stadium in the South Sydney district. I don't know where though.

I think all NRL clubs should have 30 000 plus seat stadiums. I think that the broadcasting deals and State and Federal Governments should all contribute towards stadium developments.

If Souths can't have their own home ground in their district, then they should play at the SFS.

Pommy

Coach
I think Souths should have a 35 000 plus seat stadium in the South Sydney district. I don't know where though.

I think all NRL clubs should have 30 000 plus seat stadiums. I think that the broadcasting deals and State and Federal Governments should all contribute towards stadium developments.

If Souths can't have their own home ground in their district, then they should play at the SFS.

If the broadcast deal was used to start building a load of new stadiums the game would be hemoraghing players to other codes and the super league.

The facility at Heffron Park will be a training facility with no plans that I know of to turn it into a home ground for Souths (not to say that this couldn't happen in the distant future), the more likely scenario is that Souths could eventually return to Allianz to play their home games.

Yes please.