What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Indigenous Jersey 2012

Zigwaa

Bench
For the close the gap round. Not much a fan of the design myself but good to celebrate our Indigenous culture which is very prominent in our history at the rabbitohs

Last edited by a moderator:

Ttime

Juniors
I love it.
Would be interested to know how it was designed.... did a local Aboriginal Artist get commissioned?

That's smashing. Def will get one of those.

Would really love to see a pink and green striped jersey for Women in League round sometime soon. Then the missus might get a bunnies jersey like her husband, father and two sons.

Big Sam

First Grade
Don't get the point of this. If any club has done more in the last 30 years to help advance the lives of our Indigenous population through charity and the promotion of Indigenous players as role models, it's us.

We don't need a token jersey to show that we're trying to close the gap. A look at our current roster and junior ranks proves our strong links to the Indigenous community. Leave the tokenism up to other clubs.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Is this a modern day take on 'the emperor's new clothes'??

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you wear the black rabbit emblem as a salute to your indigenous players and the club's links to indigenous Australia?

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you wear the black rabbit emblem as a salute to your indigenous players and the club's links to indigenous Australia?

I recall Rusty saying something about "black bunnies eat people" so its anyones guess what it means.

Ziggy the God

First Grade

Yes, that is why.

I like the jersey, and it is for a good reason and a one off game.

That all said, too flashy for me to buy, so I will leave it to the younger blokes. :lol:

Latest posts