What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths must move to Gosford or die: George Piggins

NGR

Juniors
its amazing how supporters of other teams think they know more about souths than us...

keep reading the telegraph muppets...

SoftSydney

Juniors
DaveQ

I respect your passion but in all seriousness I reckon George is right. Central Coast is where you guys will end up.

I agree with you mate, I dont see what the big deal is! People need to move with the times and not fear change. The move for any sydney club would a clever move.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I agree with you mate, I dont see what the big deal is! People need to move with the times and not fear change. The move for any sydney club would a clever move.

we're going no where. to get the hell out of here and take your copy of the telegraph with you. come back when you learn how to think for yourself

Dave Q

Coach
its amazing how supporters of other teams think they know more about souths than us...

keep reading the telegraph muppets...

Good call NGR, they really dont understand anything about us but they see fit to make a half-assed dopey comment based on ignorance or prejudice.

Thats cheifly because their own teams spark as much passion and interest as a dead cockroach.

Souths is not folding, there is no crisis, theres a few changes happening as there is at every club. This is mostly an internal matter and its all for the best.

These boofheads and their 2 cents worth-they should save their breath for supporting their own clubs.

They whinge when we lose and then they whinge when we make sensible and constructive changes. Go figure!

SoftSydney

Juniors
we're going no where. to get the hell out of here and take your copy of the telegraph with you. come back when you learn how to think for yourself

Change is to be embraced not feared, if you family sold their house and moved to another suburb what would realistically change besides your address....nothing. I think Souths or for that matter any club is bigger then a suburb. SSFC & Leagues club was given away, do you honestly value it at 3 million? When you turn up to the leagues club you will arrive in front of a Coles Supermarket and take the lift up to the second level to get in the leagues club. How will that fee!
A club like Souths is sacred and should never be owned by anyone but the fans.
Souths have gone from serving the boys steak after training, to having to make their own way to the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think these guys are going to cop a 2-4 Million loss every year on the chin.

Souths could have had 10 million in the bank, the best ground in NSW, capacity crowds but most special of all remained sacred and owned by the people. Your views are very backward and your outlook is very limited.

nadera78

Juniors
Change is to be embraced not feared, if you family sold their house and moved to another suburb what would realistically change besides your address....nothing. I think Souths or for that matter any club is bigger then a suburb. SSFC & Leagues club was given away, do you honestly value it at 3 million? When you turn up to the leagues club you will arrive in front of a Coles Supermarket and take the lift up to the second level to get in the leagues club. How will that fee!
A club like Souths is sacred and should never be owned by anyone but the fans.
Souths have gone from serving the boys steak after training, to having to make their own way to the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think these guys are going to cop a 2-4 Million loss every year on the chin.

Souths could have had 10 million in the bank, the best ground in NSW, capacity crowds but most special of all remained sacred and owned by the people. Your views are very backward and your outlook is very limited.

Being owned by 'the people' was really working well for the club, wasn't it?

The big issue and worry for you souffs fans is the fact that the 2 "self confessed" saviours were clueless and have now handed the club back to the 2 morons who got you guys into this situation in the first place, it started with 2 steps forward now you have gone 6 steps back.

Like predicted by most non souffs fans phac would bail at the first sign of things getting too hard and Crowe will be next as he is clueless on how to run a football club and will bail, no-one likes losing 4 million of there own mula esp when all and sundry can concede that that is the climate of NRL rugby league teams.

For CRowe to stay involved he will have to be happy to lose nigh on 20 million over the next 4 yrs and hope in that time, your team wins a premiership to drive up member numbers.

Your crowd on sat night against mel had less fans attend than the Roosters v Eels trial match, your loyal followers have already deserted you in your time of need.
He will need to take advanyage of all the winos around redfern and let them play the pokies they so desperatey crave, they will need the support of souffs juniors(which they will no longer get).

Whether you guys like it or not, you are not the pride of the league, maybe to 7000 core fans you are but for everyone else in Rugby League you are the next relocated or extinct club.

If the Roosters were in your shoes i would defend and hang on grimmly to my club, but i would also have to live up to reality that the end is nigh.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
The big issue and worry for you souffs fans is the fact that the 2 "self confessed" saviours were clueless and have now handed the club back to the 2 morons who got you guys into this situation in the first place, it started with 2 steps forward now you have gone 6 steps back.

Who says we have gone back 6 steps, The Terrorgraph?

So what about all the other Sydney teams that are saying that they are in finacial strife, they had no changes in management.

What has happened to them?

Like predicted by most non souffs fans phac would bail at the first sign of things getting too hard and Crowe will be next as he is clueless on how to run a football club and will bail, no-one likes losing 4 million of there own mula esp when all and sundry can concede that that is the climate of NRL rugby league teams.

Sure they predicted it. Most of you where saying that he should be the NRL CEO. I can't recall you giving us the good oil either.

For CRowe to stay involved he will have to be happy to lose nigh on 20 million over the next 4 yrs and hope in that time, your team wins a premiership to drive up member numbers.

$20m? FMD, lets take the $8m and relocate, then we can blow it all and then get kicked out.

What kind of a moron are you? Ever heard of a term called 'startup costs'?

Well that is what the club basically had to do after years of underspending.

Your crowd on sat night against mel had less fans attend than the Roosters v Eels trial match, your loyal followers have already deserted you in your time of need.
He will need to take advanyage of all the winos around redfern and let them play the pokies they so desperatey crave, they will need the support of souffs juniors(which they will no longer get).

So the Melb game on the CC is tanamount to showing our true support?

So why have clubs like the Roosters lower crowds than us despite being on top of the ladder?

We win 2 or 3 games in a row, and we will lap their crowds.

Whether you guys like it or not, you are not the pride of the league, maybe to 7000 core fans you are but for everyone else in Rugby League you are the next relocated or extinct club.

If the Roosters were in your shoes i would defend and hang on grimmly to my club, but i would also have to live up to reality that the end is nigh.

Sure mate. We feel your pain.

make sure the Used Car Salesman gets his health checked regularly, because the Tricolours will be alive as long as the old mans ticker keep beating.

See you later fool. Like every other Rorter tool, your post history shows that all you do is talk about us.
Your club is on top of the ladder, why don't you and everyone talk about that?

Typical Rorter Scum.

Dave Q

Coach
Statistically, the roosters have more school bullies supporting them than any other club.

They also have the most number of fans who wander around wearing paper bags over their heads.

This year they are celebrating 100 years of evilness and hate.

They are a vile,filthy, feral, unseemly lot that people go out of their way to abuse whenever possible. They are disgusting and offensive.

They should know better than to come over here and spew their ugly mutterances of word vomit all over our beloved souths forum.

They are undeserving and stupid.

Talk it up boys, if you really think it is a great move going back to those 2 morons who brought you undone you deserve all the crap you are currently receiving.

You are showing all the signs of fans in desperation and you have a right to be upset, those 2 so called "GODS" promised the world and delivered an even worse world of pain, your club has no assets, your previous season bandwagon has diminished, your fans are split on relocation, richo showed he is a hamburger short of a good lunch on the footy show last night, i really cant beleive he is in charge of a footy club, he pulled all sorts of "questionable" stunts at penrith, luckily the club had the backing of Panthers to get through it, your primary backer souffs junior have now distanced themselves from you.

I dont read the telucrap, i beleive in forming my own opinions based on fact not fiction.

Look at the roosters board, bank ceos,politicians,lawyers,millionaire businessmen, bag politas all you like, at least he has a clue, Easts Leagues owns Hotels, golf courses, 3 bowling clubs, an rsl club, they have money invested in blue chip companies.

Asset rich and plenty of cash to go around if needed, would you like a handout, maybe we could just buy you out because we can.

We have smart successful influential wealthy Rooster men looking after our clubs interests, you have a rabble with no clue, ala Parramatta, fitzy will soon send them broke as well.

The last thing i wanted to do was be a troll, i like offering an opinion, your smart arse vitriol was not warranted, its dickheads like you guys that will bring your club down.

Dave Q

Coach
We are all pretty tired of citicisms and put-downs masquerading as "opinions" and so-called "objective" comment.

Souths should merge, souths should re-locate, Phac and Rusty are no good, Richo sux : yeah well thats fascinating and everything like that, but weve heard all it a million times before in the telecrap, radio, TV etc.

The reality is that Shane Richardson is one of the best administrators in the game, that John Lang is a succesful coach and that Phac is hanging around but from a distance.

There are ways and means of supporting Souths and its supporters in these difficult times, getting on here and being unkind, putting us down down from everything from Phac to crowd sizes, singing your own and your own clubs praises is not the best means to that end.

Walks like a troll, looks like a troll, is a .........

Last edited:

grandorient

Bench
Hi Guys,

I think some of you know I am from the Saints forum, but this is quite an interesting thread and I was hoping you will allow me to make a point.

Just sit back and think for a minute, if the Bunnies were winning say 60% of their games, then I don't we would be haviving this conversation. I firmly believe that John Lang will make quite a bit of difference and give JT a lot of assistance. I hope it doesn't happen on Sunday, but it will happen.

When and not if, you guys start winning a few, this talk of moving will slowly die down.

As far as the Telegraph goes, it writes the biggest load of tripe imaginable, and quite franky I stopped reading it years ago. The only thing I hear from it now are snippets from forums and the internet.

Not fully appreciating Souths financial situation, I do believe however it is reasonable and better than most. Is this a fair assumption.

Moving up the coast in the case of South Sydney, well it would be like moving the Eskimos to Brazil. Souths, like Balmain and Wests is or was a working mans team. They need to stay in Sydney. I am all for progress, but I shed tears of blood when Saints and Illawarra came together and if you look now there appears to be quite some animosity between the two factions.

OK I'm straying a bit now, Souths aren't going to merge, just talking about moving, quite a difference. I guess what I am trying to say here is, some things just weren't meant to be.

Souths Will start winning some games, bums will be back on seats and I think this current situation will slowly fade away.

By the way guys, what do you think the crowd will be on Sunday. I would think 17 to 25,000.

Regards to all

GrandOrient

Dave Q

Coach
Hi Guys,

I think some of you know I am from the Saints forum, but this is quite an interesting thread and I was hoping you will allow me to make a point.

Just sit back and think for a minute, if the Bunnies were winning say 60% of their games, then I don't we would be haviving this conversation. I firmly believe that John Lang will make quite a bit of difference and give JT a lot of assistance. I hope it doesn't happen on Sunday, but it will happen.

When and not if, you guys start winning a few, this talk of moving will slowly die down.

As far as the Telegraph goes, it writes the biggest load of tripe imaginable, and quite franky I stopped reading it years ago. The only thing I hear from it now are snippets from forums and the internet.

Not fully appreciating Souths financial situation, I do believe however it is reasonable and better than most. Is this a fair assumption.

Moving up the coast in the case of South Sydney, well it would be like moving the Eskimos to Brazil. Souths, like Balmain and Wests is or was a working mans team. They need to stay in Sydney. I am all for progress, but I shed tears of blood when Saints and Illawarra came together and if you look now there appears to be quite some animosity between the two factions.

OK I'm straying a bit now, Souths aren't going to merge, just talking about moving, quite a difference. I guess what I am trying to say here is, some things just weren't meant to be.

Souths Will start winning some games, bums will be back on seats and I think this current situation will slowly fade away.

By the way guys, what do you think the crowd will be on Sunday. I would think 17 to 25,000.

Regards to all

GrandOrient

Another powerful insight.

Give this man a new.

20,000 I'd say, both clubs rate themselves against the opposition!

Its nice to see someone like Grand Orient visiting here.

We get sick of the perverts and voyuers who turn up here to enjoy themselevs over our alleged troubles. Some sort of sick self-gratification

As Ive said before, these ghouls remind me of people turning up to stare at car accidents.

Last edited:

babybear

Juniors
firstly the north sydney rugby league football club still owens 20% of the rights to gosford stadium with singo and has 2 members on the board their is a agreement with singo that any team playing full time at gosrd must be wearing red and black and be called the central coast bears singo said this him self at our meeting this agreement has not run out