What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths need a clean out

The media love a good club breakdown, plus a nuncle like Latrell, gets the old journalists hearts a pumping.

Im not sure of the tenure of your current crop, but these days, a lot of the rogue players, they definitely think they know it all and won’t be counselled.

I’m surprised Latrell isn’t demanding the club on field captaincy atm. The way things are going, it doesn’t matter, just give it to him.

If he thinks he’s a lion of the den, make him one. See how he copes. Then he can’t whinge and should stop swearing and flashing his willie around like a spoilt brat.

blue bags

First Grade
The media love a good club breakdown, plus a nuncle like Latrell, gets the old journalists hearts a pumping.

Im not sure of the tenure of your current crop, but these days, a lot of the rogue players, they definitely think they know it all and won’t be counselled.

I’m surprised Latrell isn’t demanding the club on field captaincy atm. The way things are going, it doesn’t matter, just give it to him.

If he thinks he’s a lion of the den, make him one. See how he copes. Then he can’t whinge and should stop swearing and flashing his willie around like a spoilt brat.

Put latrel at lock. Give him the captain's Run
Make him more important 😁
Make him work
More involved
😊

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

For as long as Cameron Murray wants to be Souths he will be the captain. Latrell wouldnt be able to handle the captaincy role. Latrell just needs to focus on playing consistent footy.

For as long as Cameron Murray wants to be Souths he will be the captain. Latrell wouldnt be able to handle the captaincy role. Latrell just needs to focus on playing consistent footy.
That’s the issue my friend, everyone has tried to help him and he’s unable to focus on playing consistent footy.

His way is the only way apparently.

A drastic change of his circumstances is needed.

Enter the novel concept of being accountable and taking responsibility.

I reckon Cam wears the red and green (as you call it), so he’d step down from the role and hand it to the Blathering Braindead Fathead for the good of the club.

Cam wouldn’t hesitate to make this sacrifice, clear his own locker out and all.

Last edited:
The problem is TSP we were touch and go with beating the dogs imagine playing the storm in melb or the rorters again or the broncos in briz.(Souths are far from the 2014 team) its not funny, we have actually gone seriously and sadly backwards since 2014 starting from the CEO to our 30 man first grade squad.Just look at the rorters top 30 squad and their present Sombrero backline the rorters would not accommodate a back line consisting with the likes of kennar, ilias, hawkins, Thompson, milne ect ect but souths does? Why do we?.Yes TSP yes im laughing over here in bewilderment and disgust.

The problem is TSP we were touch and go with beating the dogs imagine playing the storm in melb or the rorters again or the broncos in briz.(Souths are far from the 2014 team) its not funny, we have actually gone seriously and sadly backwards since 2014 starting from the CEO to our 30 man first grade squad.Just look at the rorters top 30 squad and their present Sombrero backline the rorters would not accommodate a back line consisting with the likes of kennar, ilias, hawkins, Thompson, milne ect ect but souths does? Why do we?.Yes TSP yes im laughing over here in bewilderment and disgust.

Yes, I put much of the decline on the decision to let renno go for a number of reasons.

As I understand it, he was willing to meet he club half way.

But complicating that was prior decisions and commitments to other players and the club felt squeezed.

I think Cody was before him in contracts and as good as he is, I just don’t think he’s as consistent or is as settled as Renno.

We were discussing it at the time and concluded Renno was one of the top 3 players in the comp on points, let alone his miraculous vision and game awareness.

Lats has let you down too many times through avoidable suspensions at critical times of the seasons. The hit on Manu, I have my thoughts, but at the very least it was reckless beyond measure.

Then there’s been the misplaced faith in youth and that’s a tricky one, but you know Adam is never going to let you down. You buy out the risk if you keep him.

Especially his kicking game which I think is not miraculous but conventionally, near perfect and suited to many game plans.

I think it was AJ, he was willing to take a cut to keep Renno, but I’m not sure he was joined by too many others.

Then no offence to Jack, but he needs to assert himself every match.

I expected better roster management tbh.

Yeah. And replaced them with 16 teams worth of scraps.

Well good players are pretty much self-immolating out there.

It takes genuine talent and a real knack for failure to bring down a Burton or a Kiks in their prime.

Just a few years ago I thought Burto was one of the best youngsters I’ve ever laid eyes on.

He goes to the dogs and now he’s like a ghost of his former self.

Im not being cruel, the dogs fans are very unhappy and probably planning a hit.

The whole thing is deeply embarrassing for the dogs board, but they won’t back down.

Crichton looks bound for eternal flogdom as well.

Only the Tigers ex panthers like Api seem to keep up smug standards or improve. No rhyme or reason for that, that’s for sure.

Last edited:
Yes, I put much of the decline on the decision to let renno go for a number of reasons.

As I understand it, he was willing to meet he club half way.

But complicating that was prior decisions and commitments to other players and the club felt squeezed.

I think Cody was before him in contracts and as good as he is, I just don’t think he’s as consistent or is as settled as Renno.

We were discussing it at the time and concluded Renno was one of the top 3 players in the comp on points, let alone his miraculous vision and game awareness.

Lats has let you down too many times through avoidable suspensions at critical times of the seasons. The hit on Manu, I have my thoughts, but at the very least it was reckless beyond measure.

Then there’s been the misplaced faith in youth and that’s a tricky one, but you know Adam is never going to let you down. You buy out the risk if you keep him.

Especially his kicking game which I think is not miraculous but conventionally, near perfect and suited to many game plans.

I think it was AJ, he was willing to take a cut to keep Renno, but I’m not sure he was joined by too many others.

Then no offence to Jack, but he needs to assert himself every match.

I expected better roster management tbh.

The hit by trellmyth on manu was a shocker he lost me after that tackle he is a racist thug he is always bringing up im a blackfella i dont hear white people repeating themselves i am a whitefella bla bla bla I don't want this kind of player at souths.if your white black or purple with pink spots who cares get over it.

The hit by trellmyth on manu was a shocker he lost me after that tackle he is a racist thug he is always bringing up im a blackfella i dont hear white people repeating themselves i am a whitefella bla bla bla I don't want this kind of player at souths.if your white black or purple with pink spots who cares get over it.
Well I think it’s got more to do with who he is listening to.

In my experience, only a small number of folk are racist and as you suggest, it basically holds them back because it’s not logical to ascribe any virtues or bad things on the basis of race.

But when he speaks out, his assumption is that he is the man and people will respect what he says. But he’s a bad model. Not because he’s indigenous but because of the bad behaviour.

Souths have always embraced diversity long before it became popular, because the inner city was for a long time, poor and struggling.

Redfern has always been a second home to indigenous folk, not invented overnight.

Everyone knows the game would be the much poorer without all the cultures.

I went to WT day and most of the players seem of the islander background, but no one cares.

4AE767DB-8B63-4096-937D-F4F75B3732F0.jpeg
No race issues, everyone is friends, I am proud of this and what we stand for.

Cute little kid obscured by the ball lol, everyone having a giggle.

Lots of bad humour at South’s in recent years, you guys need to extinguish it. Don’t let the club down during your era.

Last edited:
I read rothfield saying how the titans and dogs desperately need a pair of halves especially the #7 how bizarre how is our halves doing Mr silly solly? Ilias over adam reynolds?

Go buy a half back souths we aint going to be in any grand final with ilias or hawkins as our #7 how can the souths recruitment officer be this mindless it beggars belief.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I am just enjoying the win let’s not worry about the issues on winning weekends can’t be miserable all year. Celebrate the wins we know there are issues but let’s not worry now after we got the 2 points