What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths played Well but Refs Cost them With Dodgy Calls

Dave Q

Coach
Yes, the ref was pretty ugly tonight he made several bad calls.

Mellor's injury didnt help, we had to make several adjustments that was detrimental to our positional play and number of personnel.

Well played Bulldogs though, a game of significant accomplishment for them.

No kiss to our white fluffy tail tonight for us!

But we will see them in September and they will bend over like the rest of the NRL.

Special mention for El Masri who continues his unbeaten goalkicking run. Well done.

Also Merritt, well on track for league highest try scorer 2007. Only one player in the NRL is capable of tries like that.

Despite this surprise hiccup, Souths remain a very good side.

It was truly a one-off from what Ive seen of the lads this year.

Dave Q

Coach
murraymob said:
What game where you watching the bulldogs where by far the better team. The bulldogs showed several major weaknesses in the bunnies team noteably the halfs when put under presure

No, it wasnt some innate weakness of the bunnies per se it was more of a weak game against a white-hot bulldogs.

If the bullies pulled that game off every week, they would be leading the comp and +120 on for and against

An outstanding performance by a very good football side.

You should practice your team dissection on whoever the Panthers play this week Mob.

Not that anyone would give a fug!

Rutager

Juniors
Mellor look like he was in alot of pain when they showed him in the dressing rooms, hopefully it isnt as bad as it looked.

Sugar

Bench
Rutager said:
Mellor look like he was in alot of pain when they showed him in the dressing rooms, hopefully it isnt as bad as it looked.
Bruised kidneys he will have scans on monday

atomic_crimson

Juniors
Rabbitohs2005 said:
That Ryan No Try, was the right decision, he already called held, no idea why he went upstairs, but it was the right call, check the rulebook.

Just a question if it was the right decision? and hayne called held shouldn't that have meant souths would be awared a penalty? Rather dogs recieving a scrum feed?

I could be wrong though.

and dave q - haz actually missed a goal last week against titans so the count restarts.

On a side note - the crowd was awesome and atmospher was electric. I didnt mind the drums but thought they went on a bit. Just wanted the footy to start.

EelGirl

Juniors
I'm not mean at saying this it probably was the best thing, brings them down to reality I think now they will just get on with it and catch up on all the bad years. cheers

Dave Q

Coach
EelGirl said:
I'm not mean at saying this it probably was the best thing, brings them down to reality I think now they will just get on with it and catch up on all the bad years. cheers

I like this girl, but if this is reality, fug it.